Vintage winchester prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Vintage winchester prices

Post by Mike D. »

As I wander through the various internet gun sites, I am amazed and flabbergasted by the outrageous asking or starting prices for these old guns. A few are nice enough to warrant further examination, but many are poor representatives of the models. 1886s, in particular, seem to be escalating faster than the price of gasoline. There are some buggered up pieces that the seller is wanting more than I have ever paid for any gun as a starting bid. There are so many outright misrepresented guns that all I can do is shake my head in wonder. Of course, these guns remain unsold for months, if not years and everytime they are relisted the price goes up exponentially. I give up! :?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Unfortunately that seems to be the trend Mike. And also it seems that the more outrageous the internet "asking" prices get, the more the store and gun show prics seem to rise (for the same type junk).
Not sure if there's an end in sight either, as I once thought there maight be. The longer it goes on the more people get used to these prices and the more willing they are to jump on a misrepresented piece of junk.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I think it's a case of the over priced, non selling market setting the prices.

I've watched the online prices for Remington Rolling Blocks climb like crazy in the last two years. Certain models have jumped in ASKING price $500. They aren't any more rare two years later. There wasn't spike or buying frenzy like when the Winchester plant closed. I swear it's because people don't know what a rifle is worth, they look online and find a similar one, and use that as their guide. The fact that the rifle they went by was overpriced eludes them. They go with that prices, or bump it up a bit because they feel their is better. There's rollers on Gubnbroker that have been listed for close to two years! I see new listings every week and many if not most of them are downright laughable.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Very likely just a trend. I just received a 1976 Colt catalog and price list. Makes me wonder why I didn't buy one or two of the 1851s back then:

Image Image

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!