The Little Drummer Boy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

The Little Drummer Boy

Post by Blaine »

:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Little Drummer Boy

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

In the years when that song first came on the scene in Phoenix, I was a teenager, addicted to the radio in my car. One station took it upon themselves to play that song over and over and over for 24 hours. No matter where you went - unless it was out in the middle of the desert - you heard it. By the time they quit I was ready to chew my arm off to get out of the trap! I have not been able to abide it in the years since! :x
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:44 pm In the years when that song first came on the scene in Phoenix, I was a teenager, addicted to the radio in my car. One station took it upon themselves to play that song over and over and over for 24 hours. No matter where you went - unless it was out in the middle of the desert - you heard it. By the time they quit I was ready to chew my arm off to get out of the trap! I have not been able to abide it in the years since! :x
Precisely so! I was in Phoenix for the 24 hour terror too. I too can't stand it. What a mess that was. †
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:41 am
JimT wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:44 pm In the years when that song first came on the scene in Phoenix, I was a teenager, addicted to the radio in my car. One station took it upon themselves to play that song over and over and over for 24 hours. No matter where you went - unless it was out in the middle of the desert - you heard it. By the time they quit I was ready to chew my arm off to get out of the trap! I have not been able to abide it in the years since! :x
Precisely so! I was in Phoenix for the 24 hour terror too. I too can't stand it. What a mess that was. †
Well I will be dipped! Were you cruising Central with the rest of us in those years?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:42 am
Well I will be dipped! Were you cruising Central with the rest of us in those years?
on a 10 speed bicycle... graduated Arcadia in 62 or 63.... did we overlap?
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:04 pm
JimT wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:42 am
on a 10 speed bicycle... graduated Arcadia in 62 or 63.... did we overlap?
I graduated PVHS in 65. I had quit School and gone to work for a year ..supposed to graduate in 64 .. but went back part time and finished in 65. Joined the Army and left in 66.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i used to ride to the downtown Phx public library on my 10 speed bike. i would drag race the cars from light to light because i could hear the switch box and got off the line before the cars could. could see brown steam mixed with the other toxins escaping their cockpits. too funny.

Did Arcadia and Paradise Valley mix on the football field?
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm i used to ride to the downtown Phx public library on my 10 speed bike. i would drag race the cars from light to light because i could hear the switch box and got off the line before the cars could. could see brown steam mixed with the other toxins escaping their cockpits. too funny.

Probably but I don't know for sure. Was never interested in football. I would go to a game with some beer in the car and pick up a girl to go someplace else and party.

I could see a bike doing that. The guys I hung out with were hot-rodders. I don't remember racing a guy on a bike but I bet it was funny. I had a 51 Merc with a 53 Cadillac engine I stuffed into it in 61 - 62. Then I built a 53 Studebaker coupe with a small block Chevy V8, vette transmission .. 4.56 gears. I would only do about 108 but it got there pretty quick. Then I got sent on a nice guided tour of Korea and Japan courtesy of Uncle Sam.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

JimT, I had a '52 Ford with a 56 ElDorado engine that had an Isky E2 cam and dual 4 barrels. 11.67 my best ET. Car was built to haul whiskey but they repealed prohibition and ruined my career path.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:42 pm
Grizz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm i used to ride to the downtown Phx public library on my 10 speed bike. i would drag race the cars from light to light because i could hear the switch box and got off the line before the cars could. could see brown steam mixed with the other toxins escaping their cockpits. too funny.

Probably but I don't know for sure. Was never interested in football. I would go to a game with some beer in the car and pick up a girl to go someplace else and party.

I could see a bike doing that. The guys I hung out with were hot-rodders. I don't remember racing a guy on a bike but I bet it was funny. I had a 51 Merc with a 53 Cadillac engine I stuffed into it in 61 - 62. Then I built a 53 Studebaker coupe with a small block Chevy V8, vette transmission .. 4.56 gears. I would only do about 108 but it got there pretty quick. Then I got sent on a nice guided tour of Korea and Japan courtesy of Uncle Sam.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my first motor vehicle was a BMW airhead that i cruised on and slept on sometimes and covered as much ground as i could. i didn't own a car until i was past 21-something

my Dad was chief pilot at Bonanza airlines. did you ever hang out at Sky Harbor and watch the National Guard jets landing parallel the the main runway? It was maybe less than a hundred yards from the Bonanza back office to where the drivers were popping their drag chutes.

we spent a lot of time in the desert N of Camelback, which was nothing but sagebrush at that time. but had a good berm for a backstop, and usually not another person in sight. is that why we call it the "good old days"?
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:25 pm
JimT wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:42 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my first motor vehicle was a BMW airhead that i cruised on and slept on sometimes and covered as much ground as i could. i didn't own a car until i was past 21-something

my Dad was chief pilot at Bonanza airlines. did you ever hang out at Sky Harbor and watch the National Guard jets landing parallel the the main runway? It was maybe less than a hundred yards from the Bonanza back office to where the drivers were popping their drag chutes.

we spent a lot of time in the desert N of Camelback, which was nothing but sagebrush at that time. but had a good berm for a backstop, and usually not another person in sight. is that why we call it the "good old days"?
Yessir it is. My Dad built a house out near Bell Road and 37th St. back when that was the middle of nowhere. He used to have to fire his .44 out the back door a couple times a week to get the coyotes from howling and yipping around the house. That was back in 59 or 60. We hunted all over Paradise Valley and cut firewood and chased jackrabbits ..... Now days it's all concrete and blacktop and houses and stores and businesses. I left the Phoenix area in the 1970's after I got married and never missed it. It was growing too fast then. Lived in Southern Arizona ... Oracle .. for a number of years. Always liked the smaller out of the way places. Like where I am now.