Found My Now Gone 1893's Serial Number, anyone here own

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Found My Now Gone 1893's Serial Number, anyone here own

Post by Hobie »

it? 226073...

That was a wonderful if odd gun. 26" octagon cut to 19-and-some inches, soldered on front sight, factory rear, replaced butt stock. Chambered for the .38-55, it came with a Lyman #2 for the 1892 installed and left without it. I replaced the magazine spring and butt stock but otherwise it was pretty nice. Never killed a deer with it but I tried. Nice trigger, likely too light for some folks.

<sigh>
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

Why'd you part with it , Hobie?
I remember and regret losing almost every gun I've ever parted with...
'cept that darned Win. 1400 12 gauge that jammed all the time!
And the el cheapo Raven .25 that went overboard when I was fishing in Monterey Bay.
Never parted with a levergun, though.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I had to pay for a DIVORCE... :roll: Not rolling in the green, I had to choose between the 1893 and my flatband M94. :cry:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson