Today I Start Chapter 31 of The Book Of The .44 Caliber

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Today I Start Chapter 31 of The Book Of The .44 Caliber

Post by JimT »

I am officially half way through the book! And I am impressed. Lots of stuff in this book that is new to me. Yes, John repeats himself through the book. Some of it is review. As John says, "Review is a constant part of teaching ..." and goes on to say that there is a "running review" as you go through the book. He explains that writers often repeat themselves and "every older writer repeats himself repeatedly. I prefer to call it review."
:lol:
Truthfully it is not loaded with "review" or "repetition" but with an amazing amount of information on the .44 caliber. I am enjoying it.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Today I Start Chapter 31 of The Book Of The .44 Caliber

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Mine came in yesterday. If I can find the time around work, I will maybe open it today!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That's inspiration Jim....glad to hear that for as we age, we tend to "shut off", figuring we know enough and anymore is just clutter, even though we know there is more to learn....I'm like that, taking the easy way out......fooled with everything in detail except shotguns and modern semi autos handguns.

Believe I have most of John's books, many are autographed.

Dang! He has the one gun I wish I never would have sold...that 4" 1950 Target 44 Spl.....you tell him I'm coming to steal it!!! :D---006
Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:57 am Dang! He has the one gun I wish I never would have sold...that 4" 1950 Target 44 Spl.....you tell him I'm coming to steal it!!! :D---006
I am sure he would like the visit.
I doubt you would find it easy to get away with it.... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Those things don't matter anymore Jim.....material items are just that, material items, stuff, old news,....heck, if he wants another 1950 target, I got plenty more he can have....
Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Yep. I agree. Old friends matter more to me than "stuff" and "things."
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

This book is all you said it would be and more!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:53 am This book is all you said it would be and more!
Thanks Scott. I am now on Chapter 42 .. THE .44 SINGLE ACTIONS OF ELMER KEITH. And I say the book is more than I thought it was!