If you don't believe in God...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

If you don't believe in God...

Post by AJMD429 »

...then it is difficult to explain things like this... https://content.dnalc.org/content/c15/1 ... _basic.mp4.

Could enough randomly-formed, randomly-milling-about, molecules in an ocean a mere few billion years ago have happened to collide and create organized structures that would ultimately evolve into this sophisticated and complex of a mechanism...?

I can definitely see how once the DNA-thing started, species would rapidly 'take over' a planet rife with molecular food and energy, and how it wouldn't be long before the amoeba became a rotifer, and prokaryotic cells became eukaryotic cells, and pretty soon you have insects and reptiles and birds and mammals and so on. Even Hillary Clinton could have eventually evolved from pond scum of some sort (not a big step, if you really think about it).

However - even as a scientist by occupation, I don't think I'll ever be able to use 'science' to explain that first critter, no matter how primitive. It seems to me that DNA is far too complex (and fragile) to just spontaneously form (and then be in a situation to re-form and perpetuate itself), even with 352,000,000,000,000 gallons of water in Earth's oceans and a billion years or so of time. It's got to either be 'magic' or 'God', and I'm sure some would say that those are just words atheists and religious people respectively use for "stuff we just don't understand", but call it what you want, and pray to the God you will - either way the more we learn about science, the more it becomes clear that the universe is far from a random accidental confluence of organic molecules.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: If you don't believe in God...

Post by Blaine »

Indeed.
Be careful, though, you might not be allowed in Levergun's Special Tree Fort after expressing your faith. :P :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A cell has some rather complex and interconnected processes going on. Take away any one of them and the cell dies. It is just not possible for a cell to have come about stepwise to add one part of the whole every few hundred or few thousand years. The cell would permanently die out in the mean time.

We can put parts together, but we cannot put life into them. Life is beyond our understanding and ability. That might not always be the case.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

God moves in mysterious ways, if he so wished he needed only to create the Amoeba.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Doc, i totally agree, and just posted a link to a video that demonstrates with science the fact of the creator. And of special interest to evolutionists, the known age of the universe is NOT ANYWHERE LONG ENOUGH FOR ANYTHING LIKE EVOLUTION TO EXIST. Documented in the video i linked.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Even if you don't believe in Him .. He believes in you! :)
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:13 am... and pretty soon you have insects and reptiles and birds and mammals and so on.
I'm not religious, but even that part of the theory of evolution--let alone how DNA based life got started at all--seems a stretch. The larger multi-cellular organisms of the sort we see today appear in the geologic record about 520 million years ago. Modern man and evidence of his behavior shows up in the record 150 thousand years ago. That's only 3500 intervals the span of modern human existence.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Too many unanswerable questions for me to ever think that there is not a greater power. Call it what you want, but there seems to be an all powerful Creator to me. All organisms with a calcium based skeletal structure have similarities in how the bones fit and which bones do what. The unguided theory of evolution does not explain how different species in different environments all show evidence of common design.

Others may see it differently. You have free will.
D. Brian Casady
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Many get evolution and adaptaion mixed up.Evolving to me means the world did not change and only living thigs did. With normal earth changes,living things had to adapt or perish.Sort of like deciding to move to a warmer climate...
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

JimT wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:23 am Even if you don't believe in Him .. He believes in you! :)
Amen.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

If one leaves God out of the equations, lot and lots of life's mysteries cannot possibly be solved or understood.

Cat
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

308magtip wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:37 pm Many get evolution and adaptaion mixed up.Evolving to me means the world did not change and only living thigs did. With normal earth changes,living things had to adapt or perish.Sort of like deciding to move to a warmer climate...
I think this is correct. we adapt. evolution thinks that someone parked a 57 Chevy in a garage, and in the morning there was a DC1 in there. one KIND becoming another KIND. there is ZERO actual evidence of any such thing actually happening.

evolutionists also lack several hundred billion years of historical time for all the combinations and permutations and mutations to "evolve" into life of any description . . . according to current science standards.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When I tossed all the silverware and pots & pans out in the yard last night, it evolved into a car motor by this morning. Since the oil and gasoline did not evolve at the same time, it died withoud ever taking a breath.
D. Brian Casady