Winchester 1886 33wcf is home.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 1886 33wcf is home.

Post by JOG »

I picked up the 1886 Winchester this afternoon. It's appears to be in very good shape. Somebody was taking care of this 1908 made rifle! I took a few photo's of the 86 to show you gentleman. The good part is that the lands and groves are there and looking fine. Original length 24 inch barrel with no pitting inside or out. All original marking are there and easy to see. D.W. King PAT MAR5. 07 marked sights. Double proofed on receiver and barrel. Nickel steel barrel especially for smokeless powder. 33 wcf nice and clear. After a thorough cleaning the rifle is in better shape than I thought. Original stock had a few inches cut off and a pad was installed! Man I hate that someone did that! I will put a few rounds thru it tomorrow afternoon to see that it functions correctly! { thanks Sixgun} Here are a few photo's.
DSC_8642.JPG
DSC_8642.JPG
DSC_8648.JPG
DSC_8645.JPG
DSC_8642.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 1886 33wcf is home.

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Very nice!!!
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Looks nice. Ain't too crazy about that pad either but it looks well fitted. Is the LOP okay for you?
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

sorry about the triple photo!
DSC_8644.JPG
DSC_8647.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

44shooter wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:55 pm Looks nice. Ain't too crazy about that pad either but it looks well fitted. Is the LOP okay for you?
I'm 6 foot 2 with long arms. The length of pull fit's pretty well. I think I'll put one of the cowboy style leather boots. to increase the l.o.p. a little more. It will look a little better.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ya cant complain about that ! Great looking rifle ya got there.
Sure its been cut, pad is just part of its history. Enjoy it, hunt with it, post targets when you get to shooting it.
Congrats JOG.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Yeah a nice butt cuff with loops would look nice
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that's a national treasure, glad you have it, it's in good hands
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Thank you very much gentleman! The pad is growing on me a bit. It is very well done.
DSC_8650.JPG
DSC_8649.JPG
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice! Glad you got your rifle home!
I tell ya buddy, count yourself lucky. There ain't a lot of 86's up here, believe me.
I only have one. I owned one other many years ago too (and should have kept it).
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Its alot nicer than you let on.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

OK Johnny...ya done well.....looks to be an old quality reblue without buffing it all to hell....nicely done probably back after the war as it's seen some use since then. The receiver has been D&T for a Lyman 21 receiver sight and this does not hurt it at all as many came from the factory this way or was a contemporary alternation which is acceptable on the later 1886's. Your 86 was also originally blued as no 86's in 33 left the factory in case color.....good thing.

That means if you want to put a contemporary receiver sight on your gun you can....reproductions are being made by Peabody Arms and might set you back a buck and a quarter to a half. Original model 21's bring crazy money now, up to 5 or 6.

This 1886 lightweight has the sight that belongs on your gun.

Don't concern yourself with the pad......as you probably want a sling on it here's a simple solution without drilling holes in the wood....Brownells has em but you have to make a little thing a ma jig for the sling hook.....I made mine from brass......same as with the front...hooks right to the mag tube. This rifle has seen a lot of action over the years...132 notches when I quit counting. I had it out in the Rockies for elk but never did see nothing.----6 wit the powder blue sweat suit. :D

Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks good.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:36 pm OK Johnny...ya done well.....looks to be an old quality reblue without buffing it all to hell....nicely done probably back after the war as it's seen some use since then. The receiver has been D&T for a Lyman 21 receiver sight and this does not hurt it at all as many came from the factory this way or was a contemporary alternation which is acceptable on the later 1886's. Your 86 was also originally blued as no 86's in 33 left the factory in case color.....good thing.

That means if you want to put a contemporary receiver sight on your gun you can....reproductions are being made by Peabody Arms and might set you back a buck and a quarter to a half. Original model 21's bring crazy money now, up to 5 or 6.

This 1886 lightweight has the sight that belongs on your gun.

Don't concern yourself with the pad......as you probably want a sling on it here's a simple solution without drilling holes in the wood....Brownells has em but you have to make a little thing a ma jig for the sling hook.....I made mine from brass......same as with the front...hooks right to the mag tube. This rifle has seen a lot of action over the years...132 notches when I quit counting. I had it out in the Rockies for elk but never did see nothing.----6 wit the powder blue sweat suit. :D

Did ya run the dummy through the action?

Thanks for all the help with my 86. I let you know how how she shoot's soon.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

I like it ,pad was done professionally .I remember back in early 90's the 33WCF 86's could be had cheap in nice shape .Wish I would have picked one up .Did have a new 71 in .348 .
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I like it a lot, and have the same feelings about the pad. It's too bad it's there, but done well. I too would put a nice leather buttpad over it, and just enjoy it. But I'd keep my eyes open for an 1886 stock uncut, just in case I could stumble across a replacement too.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

What I would probably do is spend some time with it and see how she shoots. If everything is solid and in good condition, the bore is really nice, it shoots well, and you really like it, I would consider having new wood fitted nicely for it.
It will add to the cost, but if you really like it, and will not re-sell it, what does it matter?
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Good afternoon gentleman,
I just came back from trying out the old 86. Well it shoots pretty well! Thanks to Sixguns reloading a few rounds of 33wcf for me. I found the best clearing I could out in the woods. The clearing was just about 80 yards in length. That's good enough for me. I brought a cardboard box with a Birchwood Casey neon target. When its hit it turns yellow. It makes it easier on the eyes! The first shot was centered perfectly in the 8 ring,2nd shot in the 8 ring again about a half inch to the right of the first. 3rd and 4th shot were both in the 9 ring. They were very close to each other. I fired all the shots without any kind of rest. I was very happy it did very well. I was fatigued from the walk in on a warm spring day! The heft and the firm cycling just feels like pure quality. Years ago I had a 1912 Winchester 94 that was great, but the double locking lugs is just a superior design! I really need a late model Winchester 92 in 44-40 now! I'm very happy with the purchase, now for a good cleaning and oiling. now I need ammo. I'm sure I could walk into any Walmart and pick up as much 33 wcf as I need! Yeah right!!! I just want to thank all you guys again will all your help and advise. Especially OldWin and Sixgun! Enjoy the great weather this week!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's the load your rifle likes......44 grains of IMR 4895 and the 200 grain Hornady.....it dropped many a deer and an elk for me.

The problem is the bullets.....Hornady don't make them anymore but I hear Hawk makes them.....if I were you, I'd buy up some of those Hawk bullets that were specifically designed for the 33 Winchester....stay away from bullets that were designed for the high powered .338 long range gizmo cartridges. While they will work..(guessing) they will be constructed too thick/heavy for deer.

It will cost you about $400 just for the loading and reforming dies and you had better know what your doing so that means Ole Sixgun is here for the rescue....you do the leg work on the bullets and brass and then we will talk.

Get one of those leather wrap on gizmos for the buttstock......or do some measuring on the LOP......get a ruler and measure from the trigger to the back of the stock and you might be able to get rid of that ugly pad and install a reproduction/original hard rubber buttplate. Even if it comes up short for your arms (around 13.5-14") the leather slip on can be filled with filler of some sort and then laced on tight. ....at least you won't be embarrassed when you show the rifle to a buddy who knows the old guns....a pad on an '86 is like combining a thick leather belt with a cowboy belt buckle on a guy wearing a powder blue sweat suit. :D

I've done these things hundreds of times for people I know...I tell them "stop over, the tools and the know how is here."

The guy wit da powder blue sweat suit......------ole 6
Model A Uzi’s
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Interesting with the King sights. Nice rifle.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Precision Gun Works sells semi-finished butt stocks for about $90. They even have the crescent butt plates but I'd letter it and see what it was like when it shipped or just fix it the way you want it.
Mine is in 45-90 and I tried all one weekend to not buy it. Someone had tried to rust blue it and had never carded any part of it. It had replacement stocks that were badly fitted and I just didn't need another project but the guy persisted and of course I didn't pay much for it. $600 I've killed several deer with it. It has the slow twist barrel so I cast and load 300 grain bullets for it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:39 pm That's the load your rifle likes......44 grains of IMR 4895 and the 200 grain Hornady.....it dropped many a deer and an elk for me.

The problem is the bullets.....Hornady don't make them anymore but I hear Hawk makes them.....if I were you, I'd buy up some of those Hawk bullets that were specifically designed for the 33 Winchester....stay away from bullets that were designed for the high powered .338 long range gizmo cartridges. While they will work..(guessing) they will be constructed too thick/heavy for deer.

It will cost you about $400 just for the loading and reforming dies and you had better know what your doing so that means Ole Sixgun is here for the rescue....you do the leg work on the bullets and brass and then we will talk.

Get one of those leather wrap on gizmos for the buttstock......or do some measuring on the LOP......get a ruler and measure from the trigger to the back of the stock and you might be able to get rid of that ugly pad and install a reproduction/original hard rubber buttplate. Even if it comes up short for your arms (around 13.5-14") the leather slip on can be filled with filler of some sort and then laced on tight. ....at least you won't be embarrassed when you show the rifle to a buddy who knows the old guns....a pad on an '86 is like combining a thick leather belt with a cowboy belt buckle on a guy wearing a powder blue sweat suit. :D

I've done these things hundreds of times for people I know...I tell them "stop over, the tools and the know how is here."

The guy wit da powder blue sweat suit......------ole 6
I apricate that Six! Ill look into Hawk bullets. LOP from trigger to pad is 13.5. Even though I have long arms it seem to fit me pretty good. Looking at other 86s in this caliber and ser.# range, it looks like it has a straight shotgun style. Which I prefer. There is no way I would attempt reloading for the first time with the 33 wcf cartridge! I would probably wined up blowing my incredibly handsome face off. I just couldn't do that to the lady's! Thanks Six!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Copy all that.....----Al
Model A Uzi’s
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

If it were me rather then buying the spendy reforming dies I’d call Quality Cartridge and buy 5 boxes of 33 WIN brass . It’ll probably be same money wise or a few dollars less and you don’t have to fool with the forming stuff . I suspect a 100 pieces of brass will last you for all you wanna shoot it . Just my personal opinion :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

What about the FTX bullet designed for the 338 ME?

JOG----let me look, I might have a partial box of the 200gr Hornady bullets made for your 33 Winchester
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

That's a good point 6 point, ill look into that. Buffalo arms didn't have the bullets in that I needed, but they had the 33wcf in stock .FTX 200 gr. Hornady. $59.00 a box + shipping. I ordered one box. I'll keep on looking for what I need. I'm going to stay away from the 338.
Thanks Rockrat, that would be helpful.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

If you think you will do a fair amount of volume, don't overlook cast, even for hunting.
This will go for brass too. If you shoot a lot, forming is worth it. If not, 6pts. idea is worth considering.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I will not be a high volume shooter with this old 86. A few hundred rounds a year is more than enough!
I appreciate :mrgreen: all the helpful advise you guy are giving me!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

6pt-sika wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:10 pm If it were me rather then buying the spendy reforming dies I’d call Quality Cartridge and buy 5 boxes of 33 WIN brass . It’ll probably be same money wise or a few dollars less and you don’t have to fool with the forming stuff . I suspect a 100 pieces of brass will last you for all you wanna shoot it . Just my personal opinion :wink:
I also get my odd 450 Alaskan brass from Qual Cart to avoid the fireforming ritual. Midway usually carries it.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Good and bad news.
No partial box of the Hornady bullets
Think the box is full
PM to you
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Found some brass here but it's kind of pricey. Didn't see any Qual Cart at Midway.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:25 pm Found some brass here but it's kind of pricey. Didn't see any Qual Cart at Midway.
Contact them direct , that’s what I usually do .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Thanks Rimfire and 6point.$5.00 for one is crazy! I'll find it out there. Thanks for keeping your eyes out!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

If you don’t mind 45/70 headstamped brass I may be able to help you out. As my mentor helped me when I first started with this caliber. Pm me.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sending a p.m.
Thanks' Johnny
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

JOG wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm
44shooter wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:55 pm Looks nice. Ain't too crazy about that pad either but it looks well fitted. Is the LOP okay for you?
I'm 6 foot 2 with long arms. The length of pull fit's pretty well. I think I'll put one of the cowboy style leather boots. to increase the l.o.p. a little more. It will look a little better.
I have the same problem. I find most rifle stocks to be too short and have done the same thing with leather and nylon stock pads. I found an inexpensive nylon/ velcro pad that is as ugly as you can get but it even takes the bite out of an Enfield Jungle carbine with those nasty little hard rubber pads. I'd love to meet the masochist that designed that one! :shock:

Your '86 looks like a great working gun. Have fun with it.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:35 am
JOG wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm
I have the same problem. I find most rifle stocks to be too short and have done the same thing with leather and nylon stock pads. I found an inexpensive nylon/ velcro pad that is as ugly as you can get but it even takes the bite out of an Enfield Jungle carbine with those nasty little hard rubber pads. I'd love to meet the masochist that designed that one! :shock:

Your '86 looks like a great working gun. Have fun with it.

jb 8)
I feel your pain! One of the first rifles I bought when I was 19 or so was a 1945 British Enfield #5{Jungle Carbine}. That little lightweight kick like a mule! So I'm looking for a mountain man style leather pad for the 86.One that would give me a inch more in length of pull. The 86 will make a great shooter! Once I get some ammo in I'll take it out for some fun!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I've had mine for about ten years or so. I picked it up at an Ohio Gun Collector's show from an older man selling off part of his collection. Well worn finish but in great shape otherwise. I was on a tear to find one in .45-70 or a Model 71, but couldn't pass it up. It's taken a lot of scrounging for components and Sixgun was nice enough to reform some brass for me. With that, I'll have enough hunting / practice ammo for my lifetime at least.

I think I'm going to have to get it out and go shooting soon. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:35 am I've had mine for about ten years or so. I picked it up at an Ohio Gun Collector's show from an older man selling off part of his collection. Well worn finish but in great shape otherwise. I was on a tear to find one in .45-70 or a Model 71, but couldn't pass it up. It's taken a lot of scrounging for components and Sixgun was nice enough to reform some brass for me. With that, I'll have enough hunting / practice ammo for my lifetime at least.

I think I'm going to have to get it out and go shooting soon. :D

jb 8)
Sixgun is helping me out with some 33wcf when the brass arrives. I've got some Hornady FTX on the way. Nice spring weather makes me want to shoot.
I guess I'll do some rack hunting instead!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Very nice! An 86 in 33 wcf has been in my hearts desire for some time! Never even seen one, probably never will?
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Thanks Drawdown!
I have to admit I love the old rifle.
Some fine gentleman on this forum have helped me immensely!
It has great heft without being to heavy.
It was made when quality was common.
This one shoot's as well as my modern Levers.
A gentleman on the forum is making me up some of his fine loads for it.
Now if I could find a late model 1892 Winchester in 44wcf my life will be fulfilled!
I did find a box of 200 gr. from buffalo ammo company. Pricey but happy to get it.
Obsolete ammo that hasn't be made commercially since 1939 or 1940.
You have to love the old Winchesters and Marlin's!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Love em I do especially the Winchester! The 33wcf would be just the right amount of more of everything, step up from my 30's, for around here! I'd first like a Mod 71 in 348, but an 86 in 33wcf would be right next to it!

Anyway, enjoy the rifle, I sure would, its perfect!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Perfect for big deer up here in Maine!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JOG wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:47 pm Thanks Drawdown!
Now if I could find a late model 1892 Winchester in 44wcf my life will be fulfilled!
I did find a box of 200 gr. from buffalo ammo company. Pricey but happy to get it.
Hey Johnny.....WHAT BE HAPPIN' bro? I got to get to the post office as it's probably there.....I'll try to get there tomorrow before they close......

Your right on most of your assumptions.......33 ammo was made up to late fifties..early sixties...going from memory.

Quality like that along with the fit and finish would cost a fortune today....a Remington rep told me some years back that the old pump rifles...models 25, 14, 141 would cost $3500 to make today. THATS why old guns in nice condition hold and accelerate in value. You don't spend money with the old guns..you invest it......and keep your dollars in the U.S. of A.-----bippity bop da dude 6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The 92 is a wonderful tool and one of my favorite Winchesters.
I will have to say, however, that you will have a much easier time finding one in 38-40. Trust me, it's a Maine thing. They made 10 44s for every one 38, but I think they all came here. :D
And, in my opinion, it's a better cartridge. Them hicks was smart!
Another popular number here was 38-55. Good stuff. :D
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

OldWin wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:57 pm
The 92 is a wonderful tool and one of my favorite Winchesters.
I will have to say, however, that you will have a much easier time finding one in 38-40. Trust me, it's a Maine thing. They made 10 44s for every one 38, but I think they all came here. :D
And, in my opinion, it's a better cartridge. Them hicks was smart!
Another popular number here was 38-55. Good stuff. :D
Like a fool I passed on a 92 in 38-55 about ten years ago. I should have jump on it!
It was in nice shape and well cared for Winchester.
If memory serve's me correctly, it was $950.00.
I'll replay that in my mind for ever!
You snooze you lose!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:55 pm
Hey Johnny.....WHAT BE HAPPIN' bro? I got to get to the post office as it's probably there.....I'll try to get there tomorrow before they close......

Your right on most of your assumptions.......33 ammo was made up to late fifties..early sixties...going from memory.

Quality like that along with the fit and finish would cost a fortune today....a Remington rep told me some years back that the old pump rifles...models 25, 14, 141 would cost $3500 to make today. THATS why old guns in nice condition hold and accelerate in value. You don't spend money with the old guns..you invest it......and keep your dollars in the U.S. of A.-----bippity bop da dude 6
Hey Six, How's it going down in Pennsylvania! No rush on the reloads! I have 20 round's I'll be shooting Saturday or Sunday. I glad to hear that 33wcf was made up until early 1960's. Then my chances of running into a few boxes at a show is not completely impossible! I dont know where I read that they stopped making 33wcf around 1940. Stay cool and keep slinging lead !
Johnny
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Hey Sixgun,
I just looked up what year commercial production of 33wcf stopped.
It was 1940! So there Mr. no it all! My memory was correct!
I'm surprised with all the glue I've been sniffing this week!
I'm just kidding! I just thought I'd break your chops a little bit!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry my post wasn't very clear. The 38-55 was chambered in the 1894. It is the basis for the 94 action and is the parent case of all the 94 chamberings.
One of my favorites for the 94. It's like it was made for this state.
It was originally a Ballard cartridge dating to 1884. Used mostly as a target and Schutzen cartridge in many places.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JOG wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:56 pm Hey Sixgun,
I just looked up what year commercial production of 33wcf stopped.
It was 1940! So there Mr. no it all! My memory was correct!
I'm surprised with all the glue I've been sniffing this week!
I'm just kidding! I just thought I'd break your chops a little bit!

If you find a box at a show it'll cost you anywhere from $100-$400 and it will be old with hardened brass that will probably split when you shoot it...maybe, maybe not......it's a safe assumption to say no factory ammo has been made since the late fifties.------

Here they be....junk from my collection

The 2 part box...middle row, left is factory dated May 1916

Box on middle row, right was made from 1946-1955

Box on lower row, middle was made from 1932-1940

The Westerns are from the 1930's and the Remington's from the forties-fifties.

From the Winchester book

Model A Uzi’s