steel shoots for 2021

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

steel shoots for 2021

Post by 308magtip »

The Northern Lancaster County Game and Fish Protective Assn will be holding their steel silhouette shoots for .22 rimfire on the 3rd Sunday of the month starting in April till October. Start time is 9am till 1pm.The club house will be open for breakfast. Also the traps will be open for practice shooting. These events are held to raise funds to support the events for kids that we sponsor. The club is located at `120 Forest Rd Denver,Pa. We are not far from The Middle Creek Wildlife Mgt Area.
Check the website for more info and pics of the club and grounds.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: steel shoots for 2021

Post by gamekeeper »

Good to hear you encourage youngsters to get into shooting sports... 8) without young shooters the future is gloomy for all.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Thanks for the comment Gamekeeper. There was a time when all the schools had a rifle team.Guns were real .22's with target sights and all. Never heard of an accident, or anyone getting hurt in that sport.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Before I was born (72 years ago) there was a lot of small bore and air rifle clubs in the UK but as they died out newcomers to the sport found it difficult to find anywhere to shoot, I was lucky my dad and older brother were keen on shooting so as a kid I was encouraged. Growing up I noticed some of my friends were forbidden to even touch guns, they were the ones that than when old enough to buy their own guns got into trouble with the law for illegal use of guns and stupid things like shooting songbirds etc. Nowadays so many parents have no knowledge what so ever on the proper use of guns and so fewer and fewer kids are taught anything about guns other than they are BAD. Of course that doesn't stop a lot of kids getting hold of these BAD guns and doing stupid BAD things with them.

You are doing a great job of promoting shooting as a healthy sport to kids who would either grow up to be anti gun or downright dangerous with one... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

308magtip wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:01 pm Thanks for the comment Gamekeeper. There was a time when all the schools had a rifle team.Guns were real .22's with target sights and all. Never heard of an accident, or anyone getting hurt in that sport.
when I went to high school in Arizona, the kids with pickups often had a rifle in the window rack, in plain sight. no one thought a thing about it. now we live in a dictatorship.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

The chemistry teacher I had in high school was one of the charter members of this club.he was also the rifle team coach. Most of the shooters he coached could shoot a score of 98 plus,and most of them would score 100,10x in matches. For some unknown reason when the new jr,sr high school was opened in the fall of 1961 there was no more shooting team. We also had a great gym teacher who let us come to his country house right after school and on Sat to hunt small game.When deer season came around first mon after Thanksgiving most sort of rule area schools were closed because of a lack of students for 2 days.All at deer camps getting a real education!!!! Our club has hosted the Lancaster Co Youth Conservation School for the last 30 years.A week long school of outdoor learning in July. Fish and game comm provide instructors and places to go to,we provide grounds,food and safe place to stay.Also sponser several kids at no cost to family as well as other clubs in he area do.