Pearl Harbor Day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Pearl Harbor Day

Post by 765x53 »

pearlelect.jpg
I hope the names will once again awaken Americans to the current threat to our freedom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 765x53 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Pearl Harbor Day

Post by piller »

Sadly, yes!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I started to watch a documentary a couple of days ago done on the 75th anniversary. It was about the intelligence blunders that caused it. I turned it off after a few minutes. The sense I got was they were blaming the US for the attack. Were mistakes made, yes. But it doesn't change what happened. With BS like this around my Grandfather will be rolling in his grave. His last ship was the USS Vestal. Tied up to the USS Arizona she suffered terrible damage, yet continued to fight not only her own fires others as well.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

In remembrance of Pearl Harbor Day, I hope no one, especially military veterans, goes out and gets bombed at some bar or gathering today.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

jeepnik wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:57 pm I started to watch a documentary a couple of days ago done on the 75th anniversary. It was about the intelligence blunders that caused it. I turned it off after a few minutes. The sense I got was they were blaming the US for the attack. Were mistakes made, yes. But it doesn't change what happened. With BS like this around my Grandfather will be rolling in his grave. His last ship was the USS Vestal. Tied up to the USS Arizona she suffered terrible damage, yet continued to fight not only her own fires others as well.
The Vestal saved people from the Arizona. It's anchorage is still visible near the Arizona. They (and many others) did an amazing job.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Here is an interesting perspective from a junior officer aboard the Nevada that day.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedi ... be5c72a603
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I saw the Arizona Memorial in person a few years ago. Maybe our politicians did not do enough, maybe. The FACT remains that the attack was an act of war.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost