Thank you.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Thank you.

Post by Nath »

John and Bill for getting in touch.
Where have I been? Well grandaddying is time consuming for one, staying in employment is another time consuming thing and the third....well check it out for yourselves at jw.org. I've given up on man's ability to " direct even his own steps" Jeremiah 10:23.

Field wise I'm doing less but still active. I caught up with several fox's this summer. Some of which have been dodging me for a couple of years. One in particular we had many a stand off. It was often the case she would observe me from a distance as if she was acknowledging me with a measure of respect and it was reciprocating! Unfortunately for her I learnt last year she liked a small meadow when cut for hay. I was there this year when it was cut and old slinky dutifully turned up late evening.
IMG_20200624_212649657.jpg
The rifle is a cz452 in hmr. It's a heavy barrel version. I don't normally go for heavy barrels but this one aims very well off hand so I traded the WMR 452 to a good home locally and use the HMR with hornady 20g bullets that penetrate well compared to the 17g offerings.

I also recently got a new cz 457 in 22 and that is a good rifle with a good adjustable trigger.
IMG_20200924_164533571.jpg
The crow was a 200yd shot off hand with an old Winchester sub sonic! It doesn't happen very often that kind of shot but it demonstrated the rifles potential for accuracy.
Still burning black powder when I can. My little .45 is a keeper for sure. Never fails.
IMG_20200822_173522107_HDR.jpg
Jess is aging just like me but is still squirrel mad, hunting mad as ever.
IMG_20200705_163313097.jpg
Ofcouse I hope you are all well and staying safe. Everything is scarry and uncertain.
Take care fellers.
N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Thank you.

Post by GunnyMack »

Great Nath, many of us were worried! Hmm, either those are the biggest beagles on the planet or those milk cows are very well trained bunny hunters! :D Good girl Jess!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great to see you posting Nath, even if you continuely put me to shame with your fox hunting ability..... I really need to get out in the early morning or evening more .... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Good to see ya Nath. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ahhhh ... a Jess photo! Just what my low spirits needed. Thanks Nath!
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Great pics Nath, always enjoy them. You certainly have an interesting cross section of firearms, considering the restrictions you must observe. I also enjoy your posts on TML. Stay healthy in these times !
Best regards, Vic
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks y'all.
Some more photos.
IMG_20200727_151307416.jpg
Got a new old gun in spring. A Tula 66 in 12g.
IMG_20200703_173312774.jpg
I'm always shooting, always have....

Take care folks.

N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice, come around more often.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Always happy to see you and Jess in the field. Christ is King!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good to hear from you again. That .17 HMR with the heavier bullet is surprisingly accurate. I have one of the .17 Winchester Super Magnum Rimfire rifles. Bigger cartridge. 26 grains at around 2650 fps. Coyotes are none too pleased when I get out and can see them. The 20 grain bullet is 3,000 fps out of it. Too fast to do much on a 40 to 50 pound critter. There is no recoil. With hearing protection on, all I hear is a snap sound.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:11 am Great to see you posting Nath, even if you continuely put me to shame with your fox hunting ability..... I really need to get out in the early morning or evening more .... :lol:
I could never shame you John. Your a true gentleman 👍

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:50 am Great Nath, many of us were worried! Hmm, either those are the biggest beagles on the planet or those milk cows are very well trained bunny hunters! :D Good girl Jess!
Them heifer's were a nightmare to arrange! Getting the mostly white ones on the left and the dark ones the others side and keep still was very difficult.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:20 pm
GunnyMack wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:50 am Great Nath, many of us were worried! Hmm, either those are the biggest beagles on the planet or those milk cows are very well trained bunny hunters! :D Good girl Jess!
Them heifer's were a nightmare to arrange! Getting the mostly white ones on the left and the dark ones the others side and keep still was very difficult.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

piller wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:00 pm Good to hear from you again. That .17 HMR with the heavier bullet is surprisingly accurate. I have one of the .17 Winchester Super Magnum Rimfire rifles. Bigger cartridge. 26 grains at around 2650 fps. Coyotes are none too pleased when I get out and can see them. The 20 grain bullet is 3,000 fps out of it. Too fast to do much on a 40 to 50 pound critter. There is no recoil. With hearing protection on, all I hear is a snap sound.
The wsm hasn't become popular over here but I bet it would make a brilliant option for the UK. Everyone is stuck on the HMR, 223& 243 for large vermin.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Nath, you are very well liked here. I too have enjoyed your posts over the years although I tend to come and go here. Hoping to stick around for a long time this go around. God Bless you Brother, stay safe, wish you health and long life. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Nath good to hear from you. That granddadying thing does take up lots of time. I found that out this past year myself.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you are doing ok, fine Sir.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Thanks for posting NATE, we do miss your stuff... :)