NO MORE gun/ammo sales on Graybeard. UPDATED and I'M BANNED!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

NO MORE gun/ammo sales on Graybeard. UPDATED and I'M BANNED!

Post by mod71alaska »

The Liberal/Dem's squeeze on gun/ammo sales marches on!

Quoted from Greybeard's Outdoor Forum Classifieds Section:

Effective 4-11-2007 Absolutely NO FIREARM ADS ALLOWED ON GBO!

We have been contacted by an organization that I will not mention and more or less told to get the Firearms and Amunitoin related ads OFF our server. We have 24 hours to comply or GBO will face heavy monetary losses due to this and GB nor myself can afford this.

I will be pruning all 4 classified ads forums and removing all posts over 30 days. Please review your forums and remove ANY and ALL Firearms and Ammunition Ads that you find. We have 24 hours to comply or face penalties so please help us out.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums//index.php?topic=116746.0

UPDATE:

Apparently, guns sales will be allowed again starting sometime this weekend. I was going to post the new announcement here for you, but when I tried to sign in I learnd I AM BANNED FROM THE GRAYBEARD FORUM!!! See my 4/20 post below....
Last edited by mod71alaska on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

This has nothing to do with politics (at least from politicians) or the government. It's about money and caving in.

I wonder if he's going to give Henry back their money?

There's lots of dirty little secrets over there. If you dare mention just one of them, or question this last policy change, you will join the ever growing rolls of the banned.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

cas wrote:This has nothing to do with politics (at least from politicians) or the government. It's about money and caving in.
CAS, please explain more so I understand. Thanks.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

The website is loaded with Google ads. The site generates revenue from Google. I also BELIEVE the forums are hosted by Go Daddy. (GoDaddy is a partner of Google)

Google is widely known for it's anti gun stance. While they will take money from firearm related sources (gun books, magazines, misc stuff), they refuse to sell advertising to firearms manufacturers, gun dealers... anyone selling guns.

It doesn't take much to connect the dots.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Granted the choice to participate in that particular forum is elective, but the arrogant response that implies a dilatory response to the constituants of the forum from the administrator is uncalled for.

I think it would benefit all parties involved to openly disclose the true motivator of the policy. There even might be a viable reason other than political force dejure for the decision not to have the classifieds.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

It certainly doesn't bother me. I quit that site after Bill denegrated the Roman Catholic faith in several of his posts. Unnecessary belittling of any religion is poison as far as I am concerned.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Very strange. GB's responce seems a bit over the top for a ligitimate question. I dont see a reason for the secrecy alot of members on GBO use the classifieds. I assume that this allso includes their sponsors adds as well?
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I don't want to turn this into a bash Bill thread but....

...if you disagree you get banned. If you complain you get banned. If you "say" the name Mike Belm you get banned. People have been banned for things they've posted on other web forums. People have been banned for things they said in supposedly "Private Messages". If you choose to use the site under those stipulations, that's your business. Mr. Graham is free to run his website however he likes (with the exception of reading other peoples private messages). The thing is, most people who use the site have no idea that sort of stiff goes on. :cry:
Last edited by cas on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It seems to me that it was driven strictly by money. I'd rather see the site end than to cow-tow to those who are happy to take GB's money as long as they play by their rules! Especially when there are no laws being broken!
Consequently, I have just turned in my resignation as a moderator and member at GBO. I have strong convictions in this area, and wont budge on them. I'd rather not be a part of this, if the present stance is to restrict legal firearms transactions.
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

I have never looked at the GB Forum until I read this post.
The GB says on the Bible section that "Catholic Dogma" is out.
You have to discus the Bible as what the Bible says, but not what a person believes as a Catholic.
The guy has some problems upstairs.

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Eric M. wrote:I have never looked at the GB Forum until I read this post.
The GB says on the Bible section that "Catholic Dogma" is out.
You have to discus the Bible as what the Bible says, but not what a person believes as a Catholic.
The guy has some problems upstairs.

Eric
Boy, howdy, Eric! The *** deserves to lose the entire ball of wax. :(
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

GB

Post by joachim slim »

cant he just close up shop and go to another server? i really dont know how it all works but id be d@^^ed if someone would dictate to me what i do.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Latest update is there will be classifieds again, but he demands all gun sales got FFL to FFL. :roll:

Still no real answers. lmao
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I've not visited Greybeard since September, 2001, and the snooping etc was going on even then.

I quit and haven't regretted it.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Well, I just got banned from the Graybeard Forum!!!

I was going to post the Graybeard announcement here that gun sales will again be permitted on that Forum starting this weekend, when I was greeted with this message:

"Sorry mod71alaska, you are banned from using this forum! Gun sales ads in Discussion Forums during ban on ads"

A guy was looking for a Model 70 and I replied that I had a Super Grade available if he wanted to contact me off list. Now I'm BANNED...kicked out...sent into exile!

I can hardly wait for the Leverguns Forum to be back up and running again. What a great place to hang out and be with good folks and friends!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

mod71alaska,
I haven't been banned yet, but I understand you're in good company. I haven't visited in quite a while. Am using my kids computer as mine is in the shop. I hope to get banned as soon as I get my computer back. 8) :shock:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I am no longer welcome there, either. I guess that my comments to Bill that he had some serious issues to deal with got me tossed. Woe is me. :)
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Sounds like a really great place. Sorry I've never been there. Not.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

No great loss Mod71.

About the only thing that Greybeard does that interests me is hosts Veral's site.

Otherwise, I have no use for his stuff.

JMO.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

mod71alaska,

Don't worry, you didn't want to stay there anyway.

Glad I don't go there.

Joe
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

Any of you guys want me, old ElyBoy, to sign up on that forum and as a Gun toting Catholic, have some fun over there.
See how far that I can push the old guy until I get tossed off?? :roll: :wink: :twisted:

Eric :twisted: :twisted:
God Bless Our Troops!!!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Just saying that you are a practicing Catholic oughta do it, Eric.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

They will brand you an "evil troll"!
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

We REALLY need the Leverguns site back. Life in the cyber-wilderness is tough without the old campfire.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Mike D. wrote:Just saying that you are a practicing Catholic oughta do it, Eric.
If it doesn't, you can say that you think Pope John Paul II was greater than John Browning, Sam Colt, and Elmer Kieth roled into one.

That ought to get their dander up.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

WinM71 wrote:We REALLY need the Leverguns site back. Life in the cyber-wilderness is tough without the old campfire.
I agree. But, with the same fellars hanging out here is almost the same. Not quite, but almost.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

After I quit I got a PM saying I was trying to tell Bill how to run his site, and that I was "part of the problem"!
Now I'm not sure how my resignation because they instituted this antigun policy got from a simple resignation to me telling him how to run the site, or being "part of the problem"? I was very polite when I resigned, and wished him no ill will, but then he takes it personally.
I even told him that I spoke for no other person, and this was a personal choice, but somehow he interpretted that as me telling him how to run his site.
I think he's either senile, or fell off his rocker!-Vall
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Maybe soon he'll be running it alone...

In the dark.
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Greybeards

Post by canonsix »

mod71alaska, i am truly sorry that this has happened to you.I know you to be a honest,thoughtful gentleman and you do not deserve this Doug
a armed man is his own master
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

marlinman93 wrote:After I quit I got a PM saying I was trying to tell Bill how to run his site, and that I was "part of the problem"!
Now I'm not sure how my resignation because they instituted this antigun policy got from a simple resignation to me telling him how to run the site, or being "part of the problem"? I was very polite when I resigned, and wished him no ill will, but then he takes it personally.
I even told him that I spoke for no other person, and this was a personal choice, but somehow he interpretted that as me telling him how to run his site.
I think he's either senile, or fell off his rocker!-Vall
Sorry to hear that. I've noticed that the same type of thing isn't all that uncommon. I remember a few years ago when there was a similar difference of opinion on another forum. The guy who ran it pretty much said "my way or the highway". A new site popped up and a lot of folks from the first one migrated. Now I don't recognize the first one the few times I've dropped over. Different posters, different atmosphere. But there'll always be folks who'll step in to fill the space left by emigrants. Birds of a feather do tend to flock together.

Now I pretty much limit my internet time to http://www.sixshootercommunity.com's forum with some time on http://www.leverguns's forum and a bit of time occasionally over at the Savage 24 board that's linked from the sixshooter community site.

Life's too short to hang 'round folks who don't want you. And it's also to dang short to spend 'round touchy, paranoid people. If you can't call a spade a spade in a polite manner, it's time to move on. If you can't stand for your own principles in a polite manner without causing someone to hyperventilate - it's time to move on.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

:oops:
Last edited by cas on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

¿Sobre cuál el diablo es ése?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've never been banned from GB but I don't think I've ever posted.

How GB runs that site is exactly what we try not to do. I hope we get the site back soon.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Doc Hudson wrote:¿Sobre cuál el diablo es ése?
Sorry Doc, I forgot you need to register to read there.

You you had you'd have seen:

"i wonder how many people have been banned from there?"

"Guess I'll be #2.....and #3. I was banned LONG AGo for something I said on AR (yep, that's right...for something I said on another forum altogether)"

"I guess that makes me Lucky #7. I got banned the first time he stopped sales of any FFL items."

"#10 I got booted for fighting the censorship of the words Mike Bellm!! After the first censoring I posted as many Bellms into one post as possible LOL"

"I know for a fact he did (maybe still does) read PMs. Several years ago, a three-way trade/sale was in the works. Nothing other than the barrel in the original ad was made public. Yet ol' GB jumped in and wanted part of the deal for something that was only mentioned in a PM. There is no other way he could have known about it."
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

He was doing stuff like that even 5 years ago.

There were some good folks I met over there, but the stuff got too deep in the Fall of '01 so I called it quits.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

cas wrote:You you had you'd have seen:
I sweer im not drunked ossifer! 8)
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bramble »

Well CAS

I have no Idea who Bill is, but as being banned by him seems to be a disquinguished club, following your instructions, and given "Bill's" prepensity for reading other forums:

Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm, Mike Belm,

Bill my old darling, stick that in your pipe and smoke it. :D :twisted:

Regards