Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Now I'm REALLY Upset!!

Post by piller »

Would I have to actually watch or otherwise support professional sports first? I haven't seen any sports since 2016.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I was never a big sports fan to start with. But I used to watch the playoffs and championships but since they went political a few years back I have refused to watch any game. So I've already boycotted games and Nike.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I quit watching ALL pro sports years ago. I wont support those over paid, whining liberal babies.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I watch NASCAR, NHRA, and college football( and they are on probationary status to see How dumb it gets). No nfl, no baseball, and no basketball. If those leagues let stupidity in their sport then so be it but I ain’t participating.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Guess I won't be watching the Donco's either. Didn't plan on watching much, but if they kneel, I won't watch. More than likely, I won't be watching any NFL games.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

It has been decades since i attended or watched any professional sport.

Lots of better ways to spend my free time, especially since suppressors are available.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

"dumb rich jock " Therin lies the problem, plus, rich team owners that would sell their souls for a winning team, and justifying bad, and or stupid behavior of the dumb coddled jocks to get there.

Contracts can be written to end the insanity, but , that might mean not signing a coddled from birth athlete....

So vote with your dollars, refuse to pay for, watch, or care about these elitest rich kids... it's not a game anymore anyway, it's a mega money corporate swindle of your hard earned money...
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

It's been at least three seasons since I watched any NFL games (Not For Long). I used to be a fan of NFL games (National Felon's League) but after the sports side was overtaken by the leftest politics I can't bring myself to watch any. I occasionally watched baseball but they too have gone to the left publicly and their politics, just like all the NFL and NBA are so pro fascism/BLM/Anti-American that no pro sports are seen in my house. If I need a football fix, College football seems to be sorts oriented so I'll watch them, maybe...

My little "protest" may go completely unnoticed by the world, but I feel better about not watching pro sports, not buying/wearing Levis, haven't eaten at McDonalds in nearly 30 years, and I'll cut my feet off or go barefoot the rest of my life rather than don a pair of Nikes...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

when they kneel before the marxist banners, they deny Christ, and they deny EVERYTHING that our country is founded on, and they worship satan. literally, they are worshipping satan.

so, yeah, that's a very good reason to reject them and their gods, and what they are selling.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

I quit watching All Sports, when the MLB went on strike many Years ago. A bunch of spoiled rich Boys !!!!
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Lefty Dude wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:11 pmI quit watching All Sports, when the MLB went on strike many Years ago. A bunch of spoiled rich Boys !!!!
I played baseball for free... as a kid, in high school and while in the service (including fast and slow pitch softball in city and company leagues), and enjoyed every minute of it. Even having ankles stepped on with steel cleats, back in the day... and having knees wrenched and banged up. But... pro sports has turned me off for a very long time. The MLB strike many years ago was the crowning achievement of stupidity, until today's teams are so afraid of players purposely not playing to their potential to get their self-centered, egotistical way... they allow themselves to be blackmailed into letting the players run their business... no thanks. I won't support advertisers that still advertise with the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NASCAR.

NASCAR lost me many years back... when they quit using stock bodied cars. When you could no longer tell what model car was being raced, it ceased to be "Stock Car Racing". It pretty much appears to be one design car, with engine restrictions so severe, you might as well use one brand and size engine. Why pretend it's Ford, vs Chevy, vs Toyota, etc.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

1. I won’t watch any sport or other televised event where they allow anti-American so-called ‘protests’.

2. Whenever I can find a contact for the organization or the television network airing the program, I sent them a letter letting them know specifically that I am 100% done watching that kind of stuff.

Without doing the second step, it doesn’t do a whole lot of good, although it is nice to see them ring their hands when the ratings decrease.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I just hope that everyone who claims to be done with it actually keeps their word. Defund sports!
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

You know what's really intolerable to me? Whenever an American's right to protest against whatever they wish is denied, so long as they are doing no violence to anyone. I don't have to agree with them or even listen to them -- or watch a stupid football game.
long_steve
Levergunner

Post by long_steve »

"I am fed up with arrogant, ignorant, entitled jerks from the entertainment industry (movies, TV, sports) using their celebrity to push their hate filled agendas just because they have access to the biased media, who also support their causes, while the true American position of tolerance is largely ignored because the average citizen doesn't have the same access and the biased media wouldn't run a story about the truth even if it fell on them."

Why boycott sports (I certainly do now) and otherwise support all the rest of it. I guess it's off topic to suggest not watching television at all?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome to the fire long_steve... :D yes with so-called sport stars and movie and TV people talking anti patriotic nonsense it's hard to enjoy watching anything.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

It must be part of being a levergunner. I never have had much use for stick and ball sports.

I do watch some motorsports but limit NASCAR to a couple tracks I still enjoy. Real racing is done on two wheels. Either AFT or any roadracing.

I can't even boycott movies. Haven't been to a theater in over 25 years.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Just skip the opening kickoff. You'll live longer. Already missing my college football.