Didn't get pulled out of my car and arrested.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Didn't get pulled out of my car and arrested.

Post by gamekeeper »

7.20 pm on my way to the fish n chip shop for my supper, I notice a police car following me and sure enough blue flashing lights appear in my mirror, I pull over and wind down the window, the cop then tells me my brake lights are not working and that's a £100 fine but I look like a nice gentleman so just get it fixed asap..... I think my Thin Blue Line sticker on the trunk may have had something to do with it.... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Didn't get pulled out of my car and arrested.

Post by Old No7 »

What, NO cavity search ? ! ? !

( Sorry John -- couldn't resist . . . :wink: )

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Aren't you supposed to check those kinda things periodically? But, I guess with nice Bobbies who do it free of charge, why bother!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Brake lights matter !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sad.
GK was once a nice upstanding gentleman. Then, he got hanging out with the wrong crowd in that........"gun room".
Now, he's run afoul of the law.

An unfortunate downward spiral. :D

Glad you skated out of it buddy!
Good show!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Griff wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:07 pm Aren't you supposed to check those kinda things periodically? But, I guess with nice Bobbies who do it free of charge, why bother!
Both brake lights work but apparently not when my headlights are on, it happened once before and was traced to a faulty stop and tail bulb, I hope that's all it is this time.

OldWin my momma did tell me to stay away bad boys..... :cry:

Gunny brake lights matter I like that :lol: glad I didn't have a black lives matter sticker instead of the thin blue line... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I knew a Limey years ago that was a Jaguar trained mechanic- oh how he liked to cuss English cars! He was always working on old stuff chasing gremlins in electrical systems.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:08 pm I knew a Limey years ago that was a Jaguar trained mechanic- oh how he liked to cuss English cars! He was always working on old stuff chasing gremlins in electrical systems.
Yes been there done that..... :lol: but my car has a Chevrolet badge... :?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah but it still goes down the wrong side of the road ! :lol: :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

100 pounds?...what's that, a little over a hundred dollars? You lucked out and good for you..... :D .......do you guys have inspections there?----6
Model A Uzi’s
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Has anyone here actually gotten a ticket for malfunctioning lights? I've never actually been pulled over. On several occasions they've just pulled along side and told me they were out. I guess it all depends on the officer.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

....that’s cuz you did it wrong; you’re s’pozed to argue with the cop, call him a racist pig, punch him in the face, then take off running - after he catches you and subdues you with a Taser, you break away, try to grab his gun, and THEN you get roughed up.

Be sure you have your friends video it, but edit out the parts where you are acting up, then if you live through it, you can sue for the millions in lost income from your drug dealing, and if you get killed, your fambly can sue, plus your buddies can go loot a Macy’s and set fire to some police cars.

THAT’S the way it’s done...! :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

You know the BrIts actually beat the Americans and the Russians to a working spaceship. But when the astronauts climbed in the capsule they saw Lucas gauges... Yeah well, the rest is history.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Tycer wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:48 pmYou know the BrIts actually beat the Americans and the Russians to a working spaceship. But when the astronauts climbed in the capsule they saw Lucas gauges... Yeah well, the rest is history.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Doc....That be's good. I axe yo where you larn ebonics. If you's tell me wat part of da hood you larn, i's teach yo kids how do walk by keep's chickens in da yard.---2
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 pm ....that’s cuz you did it wrong; you’re s’pozed to argue with the cop, call him a racist pig, punch him in the face, then take off running - after he catches you and subdues you with a Taser, you break away, try to grab his gun, and THEN you get roughed up.

Be sure you have your friends video it, but edit out the parts where you are acting up, then if you live through it, you can sue for the millions in lost income from your drug dealing, and if you get killed, your fambly can sue, plus your buddies can go loot a Macy’s and set fire to some police cars.

THAT’S the way it’s done...! :lol:
I obviously did consider doing it that way just to get on YouTube but I really really wanted my fish and chips..... :oops: maybe next time...... :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:04 pm 100 pounds?...what's that, a little over a hundred dollars? You lucked out and good for you..... :D .......do you guys have inspections there?----6
$132 fine and yes we do have inspections, every vehicle over 3 years old has an annual test but because of the China Virus the test have been suspended.... :roll:

BTW I have worked in two garages and spent eight and a half years working for British Leyland so I know how Pelosi some British cars are but as far as I know my Chevrolet has no British parts.... :o
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:25 am
Sixgun wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:04 pm $132 fine and yes we do have inspections, every vehicle over 3 years old has an annual test but because of the China Virus the test have been suspended.... :roll:
BTW I have worked in two garages and spent eight and a half years working for British Leyland so I know how Pelosi some British cars are but as far as I know my Chevrolet has no British parts.... :o
GK....ITS TIME for the big move! Come on over! I'll personally set ya up with guns of your choice, temporary lodging,
visitors pass to the gun club, I have an extra Jeep you can drive (stick shift)...and for women you can borrow one of my wife's sisters. . (they are mean, but Lordy, they can cook) we can shoot, eat, drink cheap beer and fanny burp all you want to.

I don't know why but like cows and horses, everybody thinks the grass is greener over the fence......there's aggravation no matter where you go. If I had to do it all over again or if I get reincarnated with memory I'm headed for the hills of Pa, build me a two room log cabin on several hundred acres, have a mess of guns, horses and pump gas for a living.....I have no idea how anyone can live in cities or other densely populated areas......when I fanny burp, I like to let em riiiiiiiipppppppp!-----006

Screw the system
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six nothing would make me happier than to become a American citizen but at 72 I think I've left it too late, I have always felt I should be granted citizenship as I was born in a house made in the USA, unfortunately the house had been shipped to England.... :(
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Those bulbs that fail in that manner are great fun. What happens is when the filament breaks it shorts over to the other filament. I had one of those, first time anyway, and it drove me crazy. But I saved the bulb and had a lot of fun putting it in other fellows jobs. Even the boss thought it was funny. Except he kept the bulb.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:42 pm Six nothing would make me happier than to become a American citizen but at 72 I think I've left it too late, I have always felt I should be granted citizenship as I was born in a house made in the USA, unfortunately the house had been shipped to England.... :(
A Sears Roebuck Craftsmen house? Lots of them in my area. Were well engineered/ made.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:42 pm Six nothing would make me happier than to become a American citizen but at 72 I think I've left it too late, I have always felt I should be granted citizenship as I was born in a house made in the USA, unfortunately the house had been shipped to England.... :(
Okay, you can't tease with a bit about the house being moved to England and then not give us some details.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

jeepnik wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:06 pm
Okay, you can't tease with a bit about the house being moved to England and then not give us some details.
Ok, during the First World War Lord Austin wanted houses for his workers at the nearby Austin Motor Works, so he had shipped several boat loads of prefabricated Cedar wood houses built I believe in Bay City, Michigan by the Aladdin Company. All the 200 original Canadian Cedar wood houses are still there and it's always been a pleasant place to live.
The houses all had central heating, something most people in Britain had never heard of, I'm sure that a lot of Americans would feel at home there until they tried to exercise their freedom.
page3_7.jpg
An old photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:17 pm Brake lights matter !
You owe me a keyboard! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan in Vermont
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Alan in Vermont »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:08 pm I knew a Limey years ago that was a Jaguar trained mechanic- oh how he liked to cuss English cars! He was always working on old stuff chasing gremlins in electrical systems.
Lucas, Prince of Darkness?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Man, you guys hammered this one ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:43 am Man, you guys hammered this one ;-)
I don't know if anyone noticed but I was driving a Chevrolet at the time...... :lol:
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Funny how that works ain't it?

I was pulled over the other day (first time in years) for doing 60 in a 45. As soon as I seen the lights I pulled over. He walked up and asked for my information. I complied, he ran my name and stuff and then asked me to watch my speed to which I said "yes sir". I went about my way.

I was not hostile, I was not filming to make a cop look bad, I did not try to run, I did not try to fight. I was not shot for doing any of those things. We both went on our ways to live another day.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

over here we call that a "community contact", it allows us to stop and say hi, check one's license registration and insurance, usually if all is well we give a warning--but sometimes when we stop someone with a broken light we discover drugs, out-standing warrants, suspended licenses, no vehicle insurance, and other assorted issues. In the end a missing light gives us PC to further investigate... :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

1894c wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:45 pm over here we call that a "community contact", it allows us to stop and say hi, check one's license registration and insurance, usually if all is well we give a warning--but sometimes when we stop someone with a broken light we discover drugs, out-standing warrants, suspended licenses, no vehicle insurance, and other assorted issues. In the end a missing light gives us PC to further investigate... :)
When I was working as a Gamekeeper the police told me to smash a rear light on any poachers vehicle I found hidden so they could at least ticket them for a defective vehicle if we couldn't prove poaching.