Game Keeper

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Game Keeper

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Did Beretta , Investarms or similar Company ever make a .28 gauge folding singleshot shotgun? The non selective trigger on the o/u 28 gauge folder is still grieving me.... But am slowly accepting it. Had them all at the show last weekend, a lady had to have my CVA marked .20 gauge folder because it was so pretty. You'da thot she was saving a puppy by the way she looked at it. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Game Keeper

Post by gamekeeper »

I know that Beretta made a single barrel 28 gauge and Investarm advertise their single barrel shotguns any gauge from .410 to 12 gauge.
Investarm make a lot of O/U 28 gauge so I assume the single shots do exist but I have never seen one.
I understand your problem with the non selective trigger, I dislike all single trigger shotguns but that non selective trigger has caused me to sell both the O/U .410s I had.
The last one I bought I fully intended to change the trigger for double triggers but Investarm wanted about half what I paid for gun and couldn't send the parts direct. I sold the gun and was going to buy Mossberg 500 .410 but my little Cooey .410 is sweetheart so I'm sticking with that for now. If you can find a Cooey 28 gauge they are going for over thousand Canadian Dollars :shock: You can guess what I'm looking for now... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Any experience with Lanber shotguns made in Spain? Im on a quest to and o/u 12 gauge now. 20 gauge o/u's are way over priced right now.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

As far as I know Lanber make pretty good sporting shotguns.

I just googled Lanber and this came up as part of a full review.

Quote.
Sporting Gun tested a second-hand Lanber Sporter in November 2004. The gun scored 7 out of 10 for build quality and styling, 8 for handling, and 9 for value for money. It received praise for price relative to quality, reliability, and good spares back-up: “Not a lot to go wrong with this gun, but if they do break down they are easy to work on and repair’, was one of the comments.

BTW two Italian companies make folding s/b shotguns similar to Investarm, they are Pedretti and Polarms both have built 28 gauge singles in the past.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Ok, I'll search for them. Still cant find if the single trigger is "selective" on the Lanber tho.. The Beretta 412 V-monoblock 12 gauger folder for $200 got sold. I see an Excelsior 12 gauge folder thats made in Italy. Any kniwledge of them?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The Excelsior folding shotguns look like Pedretti, similar to Investarm just a different safety and trigger. Some Excelsior guns are by Beretta BUT which Beretta ? There were more than one, the original Beretta sued the other one.
Yes the Lanber has a selective trigger, it is only the budget priced guns that are non selective, usually the first thing that goes wrong on a shotgun is the
single trigger abomination, I guess I'm old fashioned I was brought up using double triggers, heck it took me while to get used to not having hammers... :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My BSA/Investarm .410 is now helping my son with his Grey Squirrel control job up in Northumberland, it was deadly on Squirrels down here.
IMG_20190919_093242.jpg
Click to enlarge photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Todd, it looks like the nearest Academy Sports to you is north of Kansas City. Academy is the sole US importer of Yildiz brand Turkish shotguns -- well made and very well priced, especially considering the lovely wood on most of them. You might find one used somewhere. I had to drive to Lubbock to get my .410 double. Look them up in the reviews on Shotgunworld -- and the Lanbers too.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Bill, we get the thise break action and they are nice guns, but dint see that they ate even made in 28 gauge. Ive looked at their websites and only shows 410 20 and 12 gauge. Im on the search now fir a 28 gauge barrel blank. Gonna try to stub a 12 gauge barrel.
G-K, the Lanber double went fir more $250 so didnt pursue it after that.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I know it's not quite what you were looking for but my 28 gauge is an H&R single shot and I love it. If you search the auction sites you might find one there. I just don't know what to say about it I like it so much. I will say though that I'm thinking about a Stoger side by side as well because it's the gauge not the action that I like.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Rusty, on the contrary..... if'n I found another .28 gauge H&R at a decent price would probably strain my shoulder reaching fir my wallet too qypuickly! :mrgreen: i also watch GB alot for info, prices and black sheep!

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yildiz are fairly decent guns. No, they do not make a 28 gauge as far as I can find. They use an aluminum frame with steel inserts. As far as long term reliability? I just do not know. SightHunter has one. It has been used probably 1,000 shots. Still like new. Single trigger, but you can select which one fires first.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm thinking of ordering one of these Investarm shotguns, I'm still not sure about it as it seems a bit of an oddball but as I usually hunt Squirrels with a single shot.410 the addition of a 20 gauge barrel could come in handy should I stumble across the odd Fox or Antifa moron.
Both 3" chambers not sure of choke but probably both full, top barrel 20 gauge bottom .410, not a very expensive gun but somewhat overpriced for what it is BUT at least it has double triggers :D
20150219_122949.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is not a bad idea.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

G-K my 12 gauge folder looks like yer 410. I was gonna shorten it for a backpacking/stowaway insurance tool... But got that Excelciir 12 gauge folder, its pretty scratched and dinged up but solud and tight. So think gonna use it for that purpose. I gonna started making my own "shorty" shells. Hopefully i can store 4-5 in the hole in the stock.

DocRock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DocRock »

3leggedturtle wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:51 pm Any experience with Lanber shotguns made in Spain? Im on a quest to and o/u 12 gauge now. 20 gauge o/u's are way over priced right now.

Lanber made good guns. I knew an instructor in the UK that used them for his school guns. They handled pretty well and were very solid. I shot a 12 ga years ago and remember it as a good gun. But they went out of business in 2013.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I didn't know that Lanber went bust, that's a shame, their guns do have a good reputation.

Those folding shotguns are usually tight, I have only ever seen one that was not on the face.
My first 12 gauge was a S/B folder and being young and stupid I only used high brass shells, after that nothing else seemed to kick... :lol:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The Excelsior 12 gauge folder got here. Its worn, faded, nucked and scratched but the action and barrel are tight and solid. It weighs 4.98lbs! Handles like a dream. I like it more the Investarms folder. Comes up to the shoulder better and right on target.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

4.98 lbs a delight to carry but brutal with heavy loads.…glad to hear you're happy with it congratulations..... :D :D Any chance of a photo? I'm curious... :P