Percussion pistols and revolvers.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Percussion pistols and revolvers.

Post by gamekeeper »

I have just finished reading Percussion Pistols and Revolvers by Johnny Bates & Mike Cumpston, Including an article on Remington revolvers by a certain Mr Jim Taylor.
The book has lots of information on original Cap n Ball handguns as well as the modern replicas, it even has a chapter on the Ruger Old Army. I would certainly recommend it for anyone thinking of taking up the challenge of Cap n Ball shooting as it has lots of technical info and load observations, it is also an enjoyable read for history buffs of the time period from the Alamo to the taming of the Wild West.
download.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Re: Percussion pistols and revolvers.

Post by JimT »

Wow. I had completely forgotten about that book! Mike Cumpston was a good friend that I totally lost track of when we moved to Africa. I wonder if he is still around? I had a copy of that book but have no clue where it would be today. Thanks for the reminder!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jim, I reckon I would have recognised your writing without your name being mentioned, especially when you described the Javelins hunt, enjoyable as always.. .. .. :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

was looking at my copy of that book two weeks ago. gave several copies to friends.
cable
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Okay, I know Bezos is a leftist twit, but I have to admit I still use Amazon for convenience. I just went to buy this book and lo and behold, it says I purchased it in April, 2007!

Sure enough, it is in my library! :oops: :D