priceing my 1937 Win 70 22 K hornet

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

priceing my 1937 Win 70 22 K hornet

Post by Booger Bill »

About 45 years ago I bought this model 70. Serial # 8xxx. Thought it was a hornet, shot it and found it was a K hornet. Bought K hornet dyes, loaded it, shot it very little but had good results. Put it away and all but forgot about it. Rifle has been drilled and tapped for a scope and believe the stock is refinished. May need to sell some guns soon. What do you think a fair asking price might be? Under the barrel it`s dated 1936. Wrote Winchester and got a generic letter years ago saying 1937. I had a knowledgeable gun nut friend (now passed) who speculated it could be a first model 70 hornet they made and used a left over stock model 54 hornet barrel that the model 70 had just replaced. Whats your guess? What would YOU ask for it?
https://i.postimg.cc/bNJ1fNQD/Win-M-70-8039.jpg
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: priceing my 1937 Win 70 22 K hornet

Post by GunnyMack »

Since the chamber has been recut to the K it probably won't be as valuable to the collector market even if it's a 1st year model. That being said we know Winchester guns do hold a premium. Gotta find the right buyer for top dollar.
From the latest Blue Book:
20200818_060405.jpg
20200818_060331.jpg
Hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!