Kel-tec Sub-2000 at 440 yards...!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Kel-tec Sub-2000 at 440 yards...!

Post by AJMD429 »

The topic of the video was how far a 9mm would be lethal, but I had to admit, if I were going to try to hit something at 440 yards, I'd probably not grab my Kel-tec Sub-2000...!!!

https://youtu.be/_wXFf34bB34
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Kel-tec Sub-2000 at 440 yards...!

Post by Grizz »

someone, maybe this guy, did the same thing with a 22 LR at 400. once he got ranged in he put a chunk of beef up and got full penetration. I'd think anything that had any momentum left to keep it aloft could be lethal.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

440 yds ain't much to shout about :

A typical damning report of the '51 Colt's lack of stopping power against the sepoys was related, second hand, by Lieutenant Colonel G. V. Fosbery.

"An officer, who especially prided himself in his pistol-shooting, was attacked by a stalwart mutineer armed with a heavy sword. The officer, unfortunately for himself, carried a Colt's Navy pistol of small caliber and fired a sharp-pointed bullet of sixty to the pound and a heavy charge of powder, its range being 600 yards, as I have frequently proved. This he proceeded to empty into the sepoy as soon as he advanced, but, having done so, he waited just one second too long to see the effect of his shooting, and was cloven to the teeth by his antagonist, who then dropped down and died beside him. My informant, who witnessed the affair, told me that five out of the six bullets had struck the sepoy close together in the chest, and all had passed through him and out of the back.

I didn't know whether to post this Tit Bit here or on the Round Ball post.....but I guess I didn't try hard enough with my Uberti Navy.... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

The man was a crack shot. He could have started at the throat to sever the spine and blow out the plumbing. I think the "center mass" doctrine has serious problems, not the least of which is getting your head split in two. same same applies to attacking bears: you can blow their heart out and they can kill you dead before they die.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Grizz wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:42 amand they can kill you dead
Grizz, thats funny. Is there any other kind of kill? I still remember my 1st grizzly at Lake Kluane. All i could think was what a gorgeous bear and I am part of his food chain.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I always had to pray that I didn't meet up with a Christian bear. the big brownies are spooky stealthy.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that's the one i'd like to find. mine's 9 with beretta mags... :roll: I haven't shot it a lot, but on a range with knockdown steel pistol targets there is a noticeable difference in wham between the pistol and carbine.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:53 am ... he waited just one second too long..., and was cloven to the teeth by his antagonist...
He obviously let him get too close and then chose a less than ideal point-of-aim.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ray wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:03 pm We've got a keltec sub2000 .40 (glock 22 grip) that is absolutely graveyard deadly at 44 yards.....same as cited video just minus the 0.....
I have found that the kick with the 180 grain bullets is very noticeably more than the kick of the 165 grain bullets out of the Sub 2000. Those 30 round Glock Magazines are totally reliable.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost