New addiction !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

New addiction !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I added to my newest addiction last Thursday and it arrived today ! A nice new Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry II 3” in 45 ACP .
25B85B6A-78C3-40E5-BBAB-A2F3531AFF8B.jpeg
3CA30889-497D-4EF0-8A2F-B9656096D6A3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New addiction !

Post by 2ndovc »

Nice looking pistol!

I have a Lightweight Commander on the way, should be here this afternoon. I've had a couple of the compact versions, just didn't fit me well.

Have fun! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

2ndovc wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:50 pm Nice looking pistol!

I have a Lightweight Commander on the way, should be here this afternoon. I've had a couple of the compact versions, just didn't fit me well.

Have fun! :D

jb 8)
I’ve got my eye on a Colt LW Commander 45 and a couple series 70 GC NM from back in the 70’s . We shall see I’d love to get a GC NM Mid Range 38 Special but they’re a bit pricey at the moment .
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I bought one of the new Series 70 NM 45 ACPs a couple of years ago. It has become my all time favorite .45, amazingly accurate pistol. I was going to buy one in 9mm but the Wiley Clapp Commander caught my eye.
Can't have enough 1911s. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

2ndovc wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm I bought one of the new Series 70 NM 45 ACPs a couple of years ago. It has become my all time favorite .45, amazingly accurate pistol. I was going to buy one in 9mm but the Wiley Clapp Commander caught my eye.
Can't have enough 1911s. :D

jb 8)
I’ll eventually get a 1911 in 9mm for the wife as she can handle a 9 fairly well . But I plan on getting her an Armsco RI 1911 two barrel combo in 9mm and 22 TCM . They make a pretty decent product for the cost and it’s made in her country so that should satisfy her . She shot two new RI 1911’s at the Armsco Range in Davao Philippines in 2018 . One in 9mm and the other in 22 TCM .
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Even though I know that 'more modern platforms' have eclipsed the 1911 in many ways, the 1911 will in many ways be 'king of the semiauto pistols' for many years to come.

My little "Officers Model" clone is a delightful 'smallish' 1911 for CCW...12 rounds of 45 ACP at the ready in such a compact and easy-to-handle package is hard to beat...

https://youtu.be/Pq0_jkOE_34

(mine is like this stock photo, only mine is entirely parkerized...)

The girth of the grip versus my Colt 1911 single-stack is only 3/16" greater circumference, and actually fits my hand better than the Colt single-stack.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Shot the little 3” Kimber today for the first time . Put fifty rounds WIN 230 hardball factory loads . Shot it at about ten yards . Little gun did about as well as I do with the 4” gun .