Regarding that Rossi 92 I picked up . . .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Regarding that Rossi 92 I picked up . . .

Post by Naphtali »

I listened to the information I obtained on my recent thread about converting my stainless steel 44 Magnum Rossi 92. I ordered ammunition and reloading supplies. Now I need two "fixes." The rifle has a yellow plastic magazine tube follower. It also has the dreaded safety atop the rear of its breech bolt.

1. Where do I acquire a metal magazine tube follower for 44 Magnum? What metal do I want (if more than one metal is available)? How do I install it? The magazine tube has a plug on its muzzle end that has what looks like a coin slot on its front face.

2. The rifle has installed a tang sight. I believe there is some sort of dummy or plug that replaces the safety assembly. Where do I acquire this? How do I install it?
If either is not easily ower installed when the owner has nominal hand tools only, please let me know, that I can arrange for a gunsmith.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Regarding that Rossi 92 I picked up . . .

Post by AJMD429 »

I had the same issues. I ordered the parts and a DVD showing how to install them and how to tune up the 92 from here and got those things plus several other things fixed up really easily.

https://stevesgunz.com/

Steve is on this forum.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Yes! Contact Steve!
I put one of his sights that replaces the safety on the Rossi 92 that Paco gave me. EXCELLENT!!
3.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
I love the bolt-mounted aperture sight. It does not get in your way like the tang sight does.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Alphawolf45 »

My meds cause me some confusion so if I ever say Marlin 95 or Marlin 92 in a thread about Winchesters 95 or 92 , forgive me. Chemo does that.

I want to praise Steves springs.. I rebuilt a Winchester 65 that had been through a fire while loaded and blew it up to bad condition. Even blew the loading gate out and tore the side of the receiver...Anyway I rebuilt it and relined the barrel in .218 BEE and she shot fine except the ejector spring would throw empty brass 10 to 12 feet. I swapped in Steve's springs and now in competition I can eject and catch the empty on the fly.. I also used his springs in my Rossi 92 ... Presently considering scratch building a Win 92 in .22 magnum and 'course I'll use Steve.s springs.. I make all my own flat springs but I holler Uncle when tasked with making a coil spring.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

i did the follower and peep sight myself. easy peasy get parts from nate jones
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I really like three different sights on my non-scoped lever guns:

1) For short handy carbines I like the Marbles Bullseye because there’s no sight that is faster, even the combat red dots.

2) For a midsize guns I would probably hunt with I like the Williams FP receiver mounted site, which I know the Rossi's are not drilled and tapped for, but it is an easy home gunsmithing task.

3) For the longer barreled rifles that I’m more likely to enjoy for target practice at the shooting range, I like the relaxed pace of shooting that goes with a tang mounted sight.

Some lever guns I have to admit I will scope, because I use them to hunt when the light is not necessarily great at dawn or dusk.

Finally, there are home defense lever guns that are used for protecting the home or livestock, and those have a combination of holographic site with laser back up, and lights as well.

If it’s not evident from all the applications above, I’m kind of a lever guns fan for all purposes. That’s not to say I wouldn’t drag out a bolt action for a 500 yard shot if that was a necessity.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Some relevant posts:

Mounting a Williams FP - viewtopic.php?t=25689

Replacing the awkward Rossi safety with a good aperture sight - viewtopic.php?t=77520

A variety of aperture options for Leverguns -viewtopic.php?p=390174&sid=5f37a773ecd4 ... a7#p390174

Leverguns for farmstead protection -
viewtopic.php?p=583183&sid=6ae994a52193 ... 52#p583183