Griff, M.M., Six, Y.K., et al.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Griff, M.M., Six, Y.K., et al.....

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Griff, M.M., Six, Y.K., et al.....

Post by M. M. Wright »

Thanks Ray. Watched all the way. Now I gotta roll some paper cartridges.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I hate it when something brings me bad memories.....thanks Ray....there was about a 10 year period when I could have had those along with '51 Navies and 49 ers.....just ones in shootable shape were the ones I could afford....some were pristine..(way out of my range) ...many were cased Civil War presentation guns....waaaaaayyyy out of my range. Even handled a few 2nd and 3rd Dragoons, one was a London.....some engraved. On the ones I could afford, I just wasn't interested in them....I wanted the '73's.

Well, can't go back in time ...they are all gone now and I don't see them like I used to when I was in the game.

There were Manhattens which in my opinion were as good as a Colt....Remington New Armies....let em all go...only had so much money and the Winchesters and cartridge Colts bit me more. I did resurrect a Savage that was frozen up ...strange gun....think I have a video of it on You Tube

I could have had this for 5 and let it go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZuy6oaTkY

We shot many of the old Colts and everyone shot a foot high. And don't be fooled, they were accurate...deadly accurate if you took your time...

Only ones I ever bought and kept is an unfired Rogers & Spencer and this one Colt, an 1862 Police 36 caliber...I shoot this from time to time.....this pic is four years old...stays loaded...next to a giant fish hook Gobbleforge made me.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...made the above post then got up to go to bed....found out who's been eating the cat food....saw him a few weeks ago....na, keep the door closed...don't want to startle him.....he got the door the last time I saw him..---6

Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

How did Adam Schiff end up at your house eating cat food.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:11 am I hate it when something brings me bad memories.....thanks Ray....there was about a 10 year period when I could have had those along with '51 Navies and 49 ers.....just ones in shootable shape were the ones I could afford....some were pristine..(way out of my range) ...many were cased Civil War presentation guns....waaaaaayyyy out of my range. Even handled a few 2nd and 3rd Dragoons, one was a London.....some engraved. On the ones I could afford, I just wasn't interested in them....I wanted the '73's.

Well, can't go back in time ...they are all gone now and I don't see them like I used to when I was in the game.

There were Manhattens which in my opinion were as good as a Colt....Remington New Armies....let em all go...only had so much money and the Winchesters and cartridge Colts bit me more. I did resurrect a Savage that was frozen up ...strange gun....think I have a video of it on You Tube

I could have had this for 5 and let it go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZuy6oaTkY

We shot many of the old Colts and everyone shot a foot high. And don't be fooled, they were accurate...deadly accurate if you took your time...

Only ones I ever bought and kept is an unfired Rogers & Spencer and this one Colt, an 1862 Police 36 caliber...I shoot this from time to time.....this pic is four years old...stays loaded...next to a giant fish hook Gobbleforge made me.

I figured that was a Buck Hook. You know, hook the buck's anus and tie him to a fence post? Like you I went for the SAAs and always wanted a '62 Police but settled for a 2nd gen Colt which I shoot. I've even got a Colt '60 Army that's a virgin 'cause I've 4 other repros to shoot.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Back in grandpas day, he was growing up poor as all outdoors and couldn't afford a buck hook.. All he had to hunt deer with was his finger and a pocket knife. what he would do was hide behind a tree when he saw a deer walking close by. If the deer walked past his tree he would reach behind the tree and tap the deer on the shoulder, when it looked back to see what tapped it, he would reach around the other way around the tree and slit the deers throat., If you believe :D this one, I will tell you another one!
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Good story Rossi! Yea, I'm a sucker...believed up until "he tapped him on the shoulder"... :D

You boys notice ANYTHING about that "buck hook" or whatever it's called? Only one guy that I know here at home picked it out.----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

An ear of corn and some rope is all ya need Six!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:50 pm Ha! Good story Rossi! Yea, I'm a sucker...believed up until "he tapped him on the shoulder"... :D

You boys notice ANYTHING about that "buck hook" or whatever it's called? Only one guy that I know here at home picked it out.----6
I looked at all of it but I don't know what you are meaning.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gobblerforge wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:11 am

I looked at all of it but I don't know what you are meaning.
Gobbler
It's the gremlin face..very cool!
Model A Uzi’s
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:49 am Well...made the above post then got up to go to bed....found out who's been eating the cat food....saw him a few weeks ago....na, keep the door closed...don't want to startle him.....he got the door the last time I saw him..---6

Got one of those that comes by most every night. Been around for a few years. I have no snails, slugs grubs or black widows that's the it. It's quite used to people as you can walk right by one another without any issue.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

fordwannabe wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:01 am How did Adam Schiff end up at your house eating cat food.
What is wrong with you? That's not a weasel. That's a skunk, Nadler was dining on his porch.

Post by M. M. Wright »

I guess my post didn't take but I did notice that hook was forged from a piece of cable. Durn that Gobbler's good!
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:36 am
Got one of those that comes by most every night. Been around for a few years. I have no snails, slugs grubs or black widows that's the it. It's quite used to people as you can walk right by one another without any issue.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:36 am
Now that's interesting.....and informative....we get these nasty slimy 8" slugs all over the front of the house.....I found out I've been feeding them by leaving out food for the cats etc...sometimes when I'm in the mood I'll get a metal dust pan and a whisk brush and scoop them up off the sidewalk or the front door and take em 100 yards out and heave em.....

But since this skunk has been around I don't see any........

If there were some French neighbors to give the slugs to I would but we don't have any. :D ---6. We's all rednecks.
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey Six! I like slugs 12,16, 20 send them my way🤗
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.