I think CV-19 is going to boil down to 'nutrition'...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I think CV-19 is going to boil down to 'nutrition'...

Post by AJMD429 »

The really-sick people will need the anticytokine regimens and so on, and there may be a role for the antiviral meds they are testing, but already it seems like 'nutritional' stuff like Vitamin C, Vitamin D, ZInc, Omega-3's and so on may help reduce vulnerability, and glycorrhyzin ('medical licorice') has established efficacy to similar Coronaviruses (like SARS), and here we now have someone citing glutathione as a potential factor. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... c00288.pdf

Yet we are told that nothing matters but dutifully wearing 'masks' at all times... :roll: https://web.archive.org/web/20170512002 ... ng-review/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: I think CV-19 is going to boil down to 'nutrition'...

Post by Blaine »

In my opinion, I believe you're correct.
What, exactly, is the roll of zinc?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

i take a daily complete multivitamin with lutein and lycopene and an additional pill of 2000iu D3 vitamin supplement as subscribed by my doctor everyday. will this help boost my immune system against covid -19? I don't see where it will hurt!
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

how about some brand names?

i'm using kirkland (costco) brand calcium citrate with mangesium, zinc, and D3, with some extra D3 to keep the levels up . . .

IDK, i'm still just as cranky as ever...

what brands and consumer names contain the secret formulas mentioned above?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As I understand it, zinc is a specific inhibitor for the RNA polymerase enzyme that goes along with the coronavirus, however it does not inhibit and may even enhance human RNA polymerase. Drugs like hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, doxycycline, and quercetin I have a related role in that they are all zinc ionophores which means they help zinc to enter the cells more readily.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Doc; I have had this thought now, for Several months. I take Vitamin D3 , C and eat Sardines several times a Week.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

As soon as this stuff happened I ordered a bunch of black elderberry extract. I take it daily along with C,D, Cal/Mag/Boron and other vitamins and minerals.
As for sardines that just might help keep others away :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Then last night I see this story which goes completely against the advice that the so-called experts have been giving which is to avoid steroid use with COVID-19. I have used inhaled steroids for several patients with hesitation, but found it they did seem to work. But knowing that the experts said that it would make Covid worse made me hesitate to use inhaled steroids more widely. I just can’t believe how far some people go to try to make this country fail in order to undermine the current president.

https://youtu.be/eDSDdwN2Xcg

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:42 am Then last night I see this story which goes completely against the advice that the so-called experts have been giving which is to avoid steroid use with COVID-19. I have used inhaled steroids for several patients with hesitation, but found it they did seem to work. But knowing that the experts said that it would make Covid worse made me hesitate to use inhaled steroids more widely. I just can’t believe how far some people go to try to make this country fail in order to undermine the current president.

Doc, is the Symbicort that I'm on (and it's greatly reduced my COPD issues) the same sort of inhaled steroid that this YouTube doc is talking about?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Blaine wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:53 am
AJMD429 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:42 am Then last night I see this story which goes completely against the advice that the so-called experts have been giving which is to avoid steroid use with COVID-19. I have used inhaled steroids for several patients with hesitation, but found it they did seem to work. But knowing that the experts said that it would make Covid worse made me hesitate to use inhaled steroids more widely. I just can’t believe how far some people go to try to make this country fail in order to undermine the current president.

Doc, is the Symbicort that I'm on (and it's greatly reduced my COPD issues) the same sort of inhaled steroid that this YouTube doc is talking about?
Pretty much, yes.

stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Cinnamon toast.

Cinnamon toast is the cure for the Corona Virus.

Pass it on......

:D

-Stretch
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

stretch wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:18 pmCinnamon toast.
Cinnamon toast is the cure for the Corona Virus.
Pass it on......
:D
-Stretch
Likely the cure for everything! :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

How about your professional opion on this Doc:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... Qa8PD9b7sg
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

ole pizen slinger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:27 pm How about your professional opion on this Doc:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... Qa8PD9b7sg
There have been several articles on this recently, and it is intriguing. Haven't used it yet, because with the zinc (females 25-60 mg daily and males with prostates twice that due to prostate absorbing most of it, decreasing to half that dose after a month), Vitamins D (to blood level of 65-70 which is mid-reference-range, or empirically 10,000 units daily for a month then 5,000 units daily after that) and Vitamin C (3,000 - 6,000 mg daily), and 6-10 grams of Omega-3's daily, VERY few people get symptoms even with heavy exposure and/or known positive swabs. If they get symptoms, I add hydroxychloroquine (or doxycycline or azithromycin or quercetin) and steroid inhalers. For the very few who actually get short of breath, I add 'low-dose' naltrexone (titrating to 4-5 mg daily), and do that EARLY with symptoms of dyspnea.

Doing all that, I've had zero patients get worse due to CV-19, so I've not had to try any additional treatments.

NEVER take meds without discussing it with YOUR personal physician, who should be seeing you naked every year [ :mrgreen: ] and doing blood tests yearly or more often, and keeping you up to date with your preventative and other medical care. If you don't have such a physician, you are sailing in the dark without instruments. Get a relationship established with a real doctor. If you can't find a decent one "in network" do what you would do if your car broke and the dealer sucked - go to an independent person. Even if you pay for ALL your 'primary care' out-of-pocket, you will spend far less on 'health care' there than you do on snack food, haircuts, and booze. We only charge our Direct-Pay patients $60/month plus $20/visit, and PLENTY of doctors around the nation are doing that. SCREW your 'insurance company' and their 'provider network'......see a REAL doctor. We do exist.