.177 junior air rifle.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

.177 junior air rifle.

Post by gamekeeper »

One shot at about 30yds, first one with the Norica Thor air rifle for ages.
IMG_20200627_145820.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Stevie
Levergunner 2.0

Re: .177 junior air rifle.

Post by Stevie »

I've been working with a couple new .177 break barrel air guns myself. A couple months ago I bought an Umarex Syrix....it's not very accurate :( ....Then I bought a Ruger 'Air Hawk' which is quite a bit better as far as accuracy.

Still working with the Syrix... It's 'included' 4x32 scope is junk! The Ruger is a Chinese Umarex too...however it's included scope is a much better quality 4x32 made in china part.

Scope or no scope the Syrix is rather random in accuracy. I've tried various makes and weights of pellets to no avail??...Oh well I'll figure it out or not
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Stevie wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:59 am I've been working with a couple new .177 break barrel air guns myself. A couple months ago I bought an Umarex Syrix....it's not very accurate :( ....Then I bought a Ruger 'Air Hawk' which is quite a bit better as far as accuracy.

Still working with the Syrix
How do you like the gas ram as opposed to the springers ? My Norica is only a junior sized rifle, not as powerful as yours but I really like the gas ram system, I only bought it for plinking but it has accounted for a heck of a lot of squirrels :)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Stevie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Stevie »

The Syrix boasts some sort of 'nitrix' gas system technology it's supposedly 1000 fps gun. The Ruger I'm not sure if it's spring or gas/spring or what? The Ruger Air Hawk claims 1200 fps. The Ruger is the easier to cock.

I'm not very experienced with break barrel pellet rifles...but I'm learning
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nice one John, Norma just shot this crow 20 minutes ago in the head at 20 yards using Gamo Raptor Whisper .177. :)

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I ve got one of the Diana k98 Mauser air guns in 177 and love.We had a problem with squirrels getting on the roof of the house a while back and the Diana mauser quickly ended that problem
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice one Norma :D .177 the way to go...... 8)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

.177 has accounted for a lot of small furred and feathered critters over the years. No pictures from me as I have not used one in a long time.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

177 is big medicine for squirrels. Sure 22 has more thump but the rainbow path just leaves something to be desired. I think a 20 would be best of both worlds.

Last weekend I thumped 9 squirrels & 3 chipmunks with my RWS 350 magnum. Itll easily break 1250 with light pellets but they dont shoot very well. I stick to beeman crow magnum, rws and H&N pellets. A crow mag in the boiler room and squirrels dont go more than 25 feet.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I have the same Gamo Whisper that Pitchy's wife Nora has, and I love it! Extremely accurate, and powerful. Data says it's 1300 fps, and I believe it! It really moves out there, and at 50 ft. in my backyard it shoots almost one hole group size.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

A crow mag in the boiler room and squirrels dont go more than 25 feet
Those Crow Magnum pellets are excellent. I also like the RWS pointed pellets for hunting.
They penetrate really, really well. I nailed a woodchuck right behind the ear with one of
them a coupla years back. DRT - only twitched a little bit. They go right through squirrels.

-Stretch
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

For the past couple of months the afternoon entertainment when I visit my friend Butch is to take our beer, peanuts, and lawn chairs out to his front pasture and pop sage rats (Belding ground squirrels). He uses his RWS and I have the Norica Dragon. We do pretty good out to 30 yards or so but past that is a little beyond our abilities. Headed over there tomorrow to do more of the same.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There is a Youtube channel called Airgun Exploration and Advancement Channel. He tests all kinds of airguns with all kinds of pellets. One of the things he showed some time back when he was visiting pellet makers in Europe was how some of them are now starting to make slugs that are longer and have more weight. Check your local airgun supplier for stock.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.