Community Standards

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Community Standards

Post by Hobie »

Good evening,

I'm here in support of Old Savage. As moderator he is responsible for ensuring that forum standards are maintained. Sometimes they have to be enforced. This is always difficult because it often requires thought and reflection to be reasonable, fair, direct and effective. This requires moderators who are fastidiously responsible and willing to dismiss any personal prejudice they might have. I like to think that we've been blessed with that on this board.

Likewise though, we require forum members who also self-censor. A forum member may use certain language on a daily basis, dislike another forum member, or feel very strongly on a particular subject. However, certain language is not acceptable here and will be removed, this is a place to which anyone should be able to bring their family to enjoy a reasoned discussion of firearms and other subjects. Likewise, personal views about people and other subjects should not make the forum poster feel that they can attack or threaten other forum members and it does not give them a license to use such language on the forum. There is no need to do so to express one's views. In the past, we have banned members who refused to stop doing these things. We might do this in the future.

I know that I have not been on the board very much but when I joined, what, 18 years ago (!), when Paco and JimT were moderators, it was a wonderful place to come discuss firearms, faith and family and I hope that you will join me in supporting that today, particularly in light of what is happening in our country now.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Community Standards

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm pretty hard to 'offend' so I've been happy with the forum for the past ten or more years I've been posting here.

I've been advised a time or two to 'tone down' language or something, and never minded; it isn't my house - I am a guest. I'll leave my shoes by the door to keep the carpet clean if needed.

If someone posts something annoying or 'offensive' though, I just leave the room/thread, and join in another conversation/thread I like better. If none strikes my fancy I either go do chores or play computer solitaire (...don't tell the wife...).

And....as for whoever is the poor guy(s) accepting the role of a 'Moderator(s)', I feel they are the one in charge of the house I'm a guest at, so I have to (and truly do) respect their judgement if there is a squabble. If Old Savage is da boss then I see no reason to challenge his opinion on things, even if it were something I disagreed with.

Somebody has to be da boss. Glad it ain't me.....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yep...rules are rules and this great country is a nation of laws....and rules.....you either abide by them or you leave...simple as that.

What has always perplexed me in our recent culture are the losers and non contributors get the most attention.....if something is going great for 100 people and one non contributor makes a complaint then all energy of the ones in charge go right to the loser with him getting the satisfaction of a win from a well fought battle. :D

I'm so glad nobody holds nothing over my head......But, I made it that way....by contributing..to society and my family.....and contributing comes from experience and smarts.......like Trump, I can tell the world and everyone in it where to kiss..... :D
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

I must be OK as no forum has ever had to boot me off or censor me . OS should be a good moderator.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I guess some of you colonials still have your puritan roots and that's not a bad thing in a world where standards are dropping. I use the term "colonials" in good homour and as a reminder of the good folks who put the USA on the map.

God Bless America.🇺🇸
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Sorry you were called to restate this, Hobie. I must have missed the ruckus.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Must have missed something.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It seems that I missed something. I am not really aware of any trouble. I do sometimes disagree with others, but not to the point of it being a problem as far as I know. Part of what I like about this forum is that there are a bunch who know something worth knowing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost