Hello again folks! Kinda starting over

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Hello again folks! Kinda starting over

Post by Streetstar »

Greetings again and I am hoping that those of you who were dads are having a good Father's Day.

I do not post frequently anymore but it's nice to pop in and see many of the same gang still here.

Since I haven't posted in a long time, this is a post of re-introduction and self confession of sorts. My therapist said it's good for me to communicate my thoughts in writing.

After a divorce four years ago and a season or 2 of heartbreak following, i then fell in love With quite possibly the craziest female human walking on planet earth. ( entering the dating world again in your mid forties is hell on earth, and beware women you meet in church discussion groups -- lol). But seriously. A lot of women who are available in my age range are available because they are either broken or gone through several failed and dysfunctional relationships of their own which makes them see the world through jaded and untrusting eyes -- its sad

That is a huge source of drama but I also had some physical setbacks in the form of a knee surgery, a shoulder surgery and even correcting a deviated septum and a surgery to alleviate old concussion symptoms in my head from old sports injuries

When we couple relationship drama with physical pain and financial hardships related to that, that is a nice recipe for teaching a man patience

Due to the financial setbacks i wound up thinning my herd considerably, - and im happy to say that a couple of forum followers are able to enjoy some of the leverguns and handguns i let go of!

Others went to local guys who seem to be good dudeS. That's one good thing about selling off lever guns and single action firearms-you don't really have to deal with too many Squirrley characters like you might if you're selling off an AR or a Glock (sold some of those too :shock: :shock: )

I never counted or kept track of such things very well, but i mustve sold off over 50 firearms to finance my forced downtime

But the reason i am reminiscing i guess is because i look at the cheap Stack On gun locker in my safe room now and see that its only 1/3 full or less , i am reminded of how this hobby got started for me, and its tie in to fathers day.

Dads old model 94 saddle ring carbine in 30/30 remains and always will be there. In addition i retained a mdl 94 SRC Trapper in 45 Colt.
Hand gun inventory is limited to a Colt Lawman 357 and a Dan Wesson pistol pack - also in 357. The lawn man was the first pistol I Ever bought with my money. It was a little freckly so i had it parkerized - who knew in the 90's that anything with a Colt pony on it would increase in value - but heck with it, ill never sell it and the Lawman is at or near the bottom of the Colt revolver food chain in dollar value anyway

I am not under-gunned at all just with my 30-30 and my 357's if i had to go through life with just those though

But a couple of AR's and lower dollar pump shotguns are still laying about because i couldnt deal with lowball offerson already basic firearms----- But it was a true season of change

Its Fathers Day and im reminiscing. I still have time to get to the range to burn some powder through dads old rifle - my rifle now- and that's the way he would want me to refer to it

I'm still in physical therapy for the shoulder surgery and the woman I was just complaining about is still crazy - locked in her house this weekend refusing to come out---

My income is cut roughly into half of what it formerly was but I am employed again and I've visited a gun store recently and put a deposit down in the new production 6 inch python. I figured with the waiting list that is there now I can put a nickel a day In a mason jar and I will have enough to purchase two of them by the time they called me to say the first one is ready to pick up

Life is bittersweet but I'm still glad to be a amongst the living!

Thanks for reading gents and happy Father's Day !
----- Doug
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Hello again folks! Kinda starting over

Post by gamekeeper »

Yeah, two marriages down the pan didn't do my modest gun collection any favours either, glad you have found the crazy lady, sounds like fun... :D
Anyway glad to see you posting again, welcome back.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Been there, done that. Hang in there life gets better. My old best friend died from near you. Maybe you are dating his widow? Her divorced sister also lives at Moore last I heard. Hmmm
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Welcome back.
I am among those that remember you.
Hunting season will be here before you know it and you should enjoy it.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Welcome back...!!!

I remember your posts now and again from 'way back when'....

Good to see you are surviving the trail of life.

Leverguns are kind of a big part of that trail for many of us here, for all sorts of reasons, and the guys and gals who favor leverguns tend to be 'different' in a good way.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Welcome back.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Steeeeet Star! Hey buddy, mid forties ain't nuttin'......your still a young dude with plenty of time to reaccumulate...and with age, comes wisdom so the guns you pick up from here on in will have quality as when we are younger we want quantity.....same goes with women... :D

Starting off with a Python proves that.

Hang around dude, not much has changed.....I know I haven't.---------6
Model A Uzi’s
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:01 pm , glad you have found the crazy lady, sounds like fun... :D
Anyway glad to see you posting again, welcome back.
Thanks gamekeeper --- my current lady friend is a pistol, and not in a good way --- but even if it doesn't work out with us, she has shown me that I can love again and helped dig me out of a pretty deep mental well I was stuck in
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Booger Bill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:50 pm Been there, done that. Hang in there life gets better. My old best friend died from near you. Maybe you are dating his widow? Her divorced sister also lives at Moore last I heard. Hmmm
LOL -- this little lady is still of "breedin' age " (37) Bill, she may not be the same woman . But the way she acts and from the things I have heard, she may be approaching that time frame where she is not of age anymore :shock: :shock:
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

crs wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:21 pm
Hunting season will be here before you know it and you should enjoy it.

Amen !
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:54 pm Hey Steeeeet Star! Hey buddy, mid forties ain't nuttin'......your still a young dude with plenty of time to reaccumulate...and with age, comes wisdom so the guns you pick up from here on in will have quality as when we are younger we want quantity.....same goes with women... :D

Starting off with a Python proves that.

Hang around dude, not much has changed.....I know I haven't.---------6

Thanks Six -- my "downtime" has made me reflect on what are some of lifes more important things, - such as love, health and happiness . versus other things that are just "stuff" . OF course sometimes our stuff ties in to happiness, so there is that

But no gun or vintage car in the world can take care of us when we are ailing and they cant tuck us in at night and tell us we are loved, although dogs and cats can try

Planning to rebuild mentally and physically as strong as ever, and for me, youre right, my emphasis on all my hobbies will be on quality over quantity. I am already looking forward to doing a "shootout" between a new production Python and my old Dan Wesson for accuracy ! :) :)
----- Doug
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

The crazy ones are hard to avoid sometimes. With some of them, it takes awhile for the crazy to show its face. I got divorced in my late 30s and it was tough for awhile but then this wild thing started to happen, all these pretty women started asking me out. After a couple years I kept the prettiest one and we've been together for almost 18 years now.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I gave up after one tried to sue me for custody of MY DOG! God's honest truth.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The only thing I know for sure at 66 is it can be a Tough Life...We can never be prepared for all of the curve balls that are coming. Welcome Back.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Welcome back! I remember you too. Crazy can be a lot of fun but it might pay off in the long run to go ahead and buy a set of new key locks for your doors and a new garage door opener remote :shock: :shock:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com