Shooting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Shooting

Post by JimT »

trick_shot.jpg
I am sure the old gunhands here know this ...

When shooting with the weak hand, gun upside down, pulling the trigger with your little finger ...

- You use a 12 o'clock hold instead of a 6 o'clock hold.
- The gun recoils down.
- It's best to NOT use heavy loads. I used .38 Specials with 3 gr. Bullseye and 158 gr. cast bullet .. or my .22 Single Six.

Years ago when I was pastoring I had moved from Cave Creek, AZ to Oracle, AZ and taken a new church. One of the members invited my wife and I to their home for supper. While it was preparing the husband asked me if I ever shot guns. I said that I had a few times.

So we go out in his back yard and he sets up some beer bottles about 40 or 50 feet away and says, "Do you think you can hit those?"

I said, "I can try." And I pulled out my gun, held it upside down in my left hand just like in the photo and broke 5 in a row.

The husband put his gun away and we went back in the house and had a quiet meal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Shooting

Post by gamekeeper »

Jim, if you ever come to my place for supper, I'll remember to hide the beer bottles and not mention shooting..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If we ever get back out west and can get together, I'll buy the beer and supply the ammo. :) I'd love to see this upside down shooting.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

You aught to name that "Nut Breaker."
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Booger Bill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:18 pm You aught to name that "Nut Breaker."
:D :lol: :P
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I think it’s kinda funny one of your flock would use BEER bottles as the target :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

6pt-sika wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:28 pm I think it’s kinda funny one of your flock would use BEER bottles as the target :lol:
I was thinking the same thing.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

6pt-sika wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:28 pm I think it’s kinda funny one of your flock would use BEER bottles as the target :lol:
My wife and I were never "teetotalers" ... we read in The Book that Jesus actually made wine! :D :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jim,
I've been shooting revolvers regularly since I was 18....48 years now.....rarely a week has gone by without me puncturing something with a cast bullet and your method is a NEW ONE on me. I'm gonna try that today. I've done all sorts of point shooting, under my arm, behind my back, between my legs, but never holding the gun upside down.

That's got to take some learning...using the little finger....it's weak and untrained......don't see why you can't use the strong hand.........using a two hand hold like that would present an issue....maybe if I stand on a cinder block. :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The Apostle Paul ordered Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomach issues. Not getting into the religious part too far, but there is a real difference between having a little and getting drunk.

As far as holding a handgun upside down, well, never tried it. I can see where it could make some people get a little quiet. When you see someone do something like that, it probably causes some folks to feel a little outclassed. This group on here seems the type who would want to learn how to do it. Some folks get embarrassed, others feel the urge to learn how.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

You can use either hand .. or both hands ... but when you want to put the pressure on other shooters, you use your weak hand. It makes them try really hard and only the ones who are really trained will not overdo it. My Dad taught me that when I was a young boy. He shot in matches and often he would do something like that just to get everyone else's nerves on edge. :lol:
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:11 am The Apostle Paul ordered Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomach issues. Not getting into the religious part too far, but there is a real difference between having a little and getting drunk.
Yessir ... moderation in all things.
Well ... maybe not in guns and ammo ...... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ok Jim...I'm going outside to test out this upside down thingy....

You think a set of these sights will help...they have them on sale.---6

Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:11 pm Ok Jim...I'm going outside to test out this upside down thingy....

Real gunmen do not need any kind of sights!
What helps is to watch every episode of GUNSMOKE, and practice outdrawing Marshall Dillon in the opening credits.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Having so many that you forget some that you have is just about enough.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:49 pm
Sixgun wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:11 pm Ok Jim...I'm going outside to test out this upside down thingy....

Real gunmen do not need any kind of sights!
What helps is to watch every episode of GUNSMOKE, and practice outdrawing Marshall Dillon in the opening credits.
this triggered a seriously funny story about someone who shot his t.v. when the Marshall drew and fired! it did happen, but I didn't see it.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am this triggered a seriously funny story about someone who shot his t.v. when the Marshall drew and fired! it did happen, but I didn't see it.
I know of it happening with BB pistols, .22's and even .45 Colts. More than a couple guys have tried to outdraw the Marshall and wrecked a TV in past years.
:D
:)
:lol:
:P
:roll:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Trying to out draw Matt Dillon is one of my early memories, the old B/W TV survived though...... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I tried to learn from the lessons Will Sonnett gave to his Grandson. Walter Brennan was fast enough back then. I was never all that fast.
D. Brian Casady
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

JimT wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:52 am
Grizz wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am this triggered a seriously funny story about someone who shot his t.v. when the Marshall drew and fired! it did happen, but I didn't see it.
I know of it happening with BB pistols, .22's and even .45 Colts. More than a couple guys have tried to outdraw the Marshall and wrecked a TV in past years.
:D
:)
:lol:
:P
:roll:
My friend’s dad beat me good when I did just that with a bb. Big ole Zenith console job. BB bounced back and chipped a china vase too.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com