gamekeeper talking about his shotgun reminded me of my project

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

gamekeeper talking about his shotgun reminded me of my project

Post by JimT »

Last month I ran across a like new H&R Topper 12 ga. for about $100. Played with it a while and decided to shorten it. I cut the barrel to 20" .. drilled and tapped it and got the bead re-installed. It's a handy little thing but needs a recoil pad. And maybe a few ounces of lead in the stock.
(uhm .. EDIT .. I think it was about 2 months ago instead of last month .. )
IMG_1048.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: gamekeeper talking about his shotgun reminded me of my project

Post by gamekeeper »

Jim, that looks like a good all round companion 8) a 20 gauge is on my list too.
I am restricted to a 24" barrel or I would have cut the Cooey down more, I bought it mainly for the versatility of 12 gauge ammo, you never know what you might have to perforate these days. The .410 is my usual Squirrel gun but it does have it's limitations... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

i have found the 410 works rather nicely with .44 caliber round balls and even with .44 caliber 200 gr. bullets.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

JimT wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:39 pm i have found the 410 works rather nicely with .44 caliber round balls and even with .44 caliber 200 gr. bullets.
I have a .410 reloader on order for such experiments....... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.