update on my $32.50 Cooey.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

update on my $32.50 Cooey.

Post by gamekeeper »

The loose forend nearly drove me mad, its a real stupid design and as fast as I got it to click on the next heavy load knocked it off :evil:
Anyway, I decided to cut down the 30" barrel to 25" my local toy shop owner offered to drill and tap it for a new bead sight, well I now have a 24.5" barrel as he put in in off center :( but I did find a used forend for $23.60 so I took a chance and it arrived today, success, I swapped the wood over, the original wood is much better and I have fired some heavy loads without the darn thing falling off. :D
It seems to shoot slugs pretty good and I did shoot a roe deer with No 1 buckshot a while back but that was when the forend kept coming loose. I have also found that a spare Mossberg recoil pad is a close fit so may add it on later.
IMG_20200618_153809.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: update on my $32.50 Cooey.

Post by piller »

Roe deer! You shot Bambi? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roe deer are fun to hunt.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:14 am Roe deer! You shot Bambi? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roe deer are fun to hunt.
I didn't really want to shoot it but my landlady kept on about the deer damage to her garden, since I'd sold my 30/30 I had to use my $32.50 12 gauge, there are still a lot of Roe deer around so I now carry buckshot when squirrel hunting... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

In America, they had to change it to whitetail deer. Not enough people knew about roe deer. They are quite a lot smaller than whitetail.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:07 pm In America, they had to change it to whitetail deer. Not enough people knew about roe deer. They are quite a lot smaller than whitetail.
Yes, and they sure don't like buckshot, dropped like a sack of potatoes at about 35 yds.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Single shot shotguns are just fun!
And if you have enough of them you can come up with some very different applications for each one.
:D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Your Cooey reminds me of a buddy, he found a nice Winchester mod 37 12 gauge- cheap but like new. He promptly ran the forcing cone out, ported the barrel and off to the range. He then plunked in a 3" 'duck & dinosaur ' loaded with 1&3/8 oz of #4. All went well, good pattern so he dropped in a 3&1/2" loaded with 2 ounces of #6, when the trigger was pulled the gun bucked & snorted and the forearm hanger decided it had enough! A little silver solder fixed the hanger- he stuck to 3" after that. :D
Oh and a recoil pad was also installed!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

JimT wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 pm Single shot shotguns are just fun!
And if you have enough of them you can come up with some very different applications for each one.
:D
Jim, I have 4 at the moment, the $32.50 Cooey 12 gauge a Stevens 94 16 gauge with a 32" barrel and two .410s a Cooey and a Italian folder. I would love to find a Ithaca 66 in 20 gauge but they are real scarce in the UK.

Gunny, yes they certainly have a bite to them with heavy loads...... :lol: