NASCAR; the season that wasn't

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

NASCAR; the season that wasn't

Post by J Miller »

Today will be the last NASCAR race I watch until they bring the fans back.
This due to their obsession with the Covid 19 fraud, the masks as well as the simpering and whining I hear every race.

Without the fans to boo for Bush, Logano and Keselowski it just ain't normal.

I'm betting NASCAR is loosing their financial butt over the no fan deal too.

OK, rant over.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: NASCAR; the season that wasn't

Post by RIHMFIRE »

While the fans do make nascar a bunch of money, the tv deals and sponsorship make the vast majority of their money...
I designed the media center in Daytona.....then they covered it up with sponsorship deals....
The same guys win most of the time....if its predictable....it aint worth watching...

btw the covid19 stuff is total BS....this is the percentage of people in our county that has it .001367%....total bs
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:14 pm
btw the covid19 stuff is total BS....
Wish that were true. Around here, the number of new cases has exploded since Memorial Day and the opening of beaches and restaurants, with multiple deaths reported each day of people of all ages from toddler to 90-year-old instead of one old-timer a week or so. If things are improving where you are, God bless you, but it most definitely is not true everywhere.

Look at it this way: We have had 100,000+ dead in about a six-week period. That's the equivalent of 50 Boeing 767 planeloads of people going down per week. Now, if that were going on I seriously doubt you or I would even consider getting on a 767; but, if we don't follow precautions that's exactly what we are doing. Furthermore, by encountering other people when we may unknowingly be infected we may be forcing them on the plane without our or their knowledge.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

The covid virus hit home for me when I realized it had killed more US citizens in a few weeks than the Vietnam War (58,220). It has now killed nearly twice that number in US. Tell me how this is considered "BS "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I haven't watched NASCAR since they began making every car body fit the NASCAR template to make things "fair". When NASCAR decided the one body fits all mindset, and simply painting each body to look like whatever maker's car was, they lost me. I loved NASCAR when it allowed various engineers, and race nuts to develop the cars and not be bound by stupid idiotic restrictions. Yes, some brands dominated at times, and it wasn't always my favorite brand. But at least it was competition, and that made every maker try harder to be the dominant car builder.
I wont miss NASCAR with or without crowds, but I do miss NASCAR the way it was many decades ago!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

octagon wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 pm The covid virus hit home for me when I realized it had killed more US citizens in a few weeks than the Vietnam War (58,220). It has now killed nearly twice that number in US. Tell me how this is considered "BS "
Well I won't call it BS but I will say that I know that ANY death during this time may be classified as Covid. I have seen cases where people who were shot and killed who may have also had the virus were listed as a covid death. That can skew numbers big time as many people have had it with no symptoms or had it and got over it and never went to the hospital. The mass hysteria......well, the government/media scare tactics are working like a charm.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Rube Burrows wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:54 am
octagon wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 pm The covid virus hit home for me when I realized it had killed more US citizens in a few weeks than the Vietnam War (58,220). It has now killed nearly twice that number in US. Tell me how this is considered "BS "
Well I won't call it BS but I will say that I know that ANY death during this time may be classified as Covid. I have seen cases where people who were shot and killed who may have also had the virus were listed as a covid death. That can skew numbers big time as many people have had it with no symptoms or had it and got over it and never went to the hospital. The mass hysteria......well, the government/media scare tactics are working like a charm.
It's BS because there have been any number of other flu that killed huge numbers of Americans, and always those most vulnerable. Remember when troops returning from Vietnam brought home the Hong Kong flu? Most people seem to have forgotten how deadly it was,or even that it existed. And none of the previous flu pandemics created worldwide shutdowns. The shutdowns might have saved lives then, but nobody did it.

Worldwide Influenza Pandemic Death tolls

Spanish Flu 1918–1920 50 million
Asian Flu 1957–1958 1.5 to 2 million
Hong Kong Flu 1968–1969 1 million
Swine Flu 2009–2010 over 18,209

So yes, a lot died from corona, but not as many as from some other flu viruses. The liberal left keeps comparing corona deaths to Vietnam deaths.Yet the Hong Kong flu during Vietnam killed far more than the casualties during Vietnam. Why didn't anyone compare it to Vietnam then?
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

The fact that C19 is not the all time greatest killer does not mean it is not killing folks now. I'd not seen the leftist comparisons to Vietnam deaths, I noticed the 58000 number and recognised it. Media has sensationalized this like they do everything else, nothing surprising or new there. There were most certainly shutdowns of American business and schools in 1918, this info is easily accessible.
The Spanish Flu killed my Great Grandpa in 1918, a Methodist Minister who was tending to the dying. His son (my grandpa) was a toddler then, and never got to know his Dad. In the current pandemic, I do not intend to let history repeat itself as far as my family is concerned. I've been highly prone to respiratory problems my whole life and am diabetic, and am taking reasonable precautions.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

the ACTUAL US numbers CANNOT BE KNOWN because of the rampant false reporting fueled by payments to any and every medical establishment to write "covid" as the cause of death REGARDLESS of the underlying actual illness that shut down the patient's body. it is UGLY CORRUPTION at its worst.

I am in the exact demographic that is most susceptible to that virus, IF THE VIRUS IS IN COLLUSION WITH AN UNDERLYING DISORDER.

The entire medical cabal is bought and paid for with 50000$ every time someone with breathing difficulties is ventilated and the secret word is written on the death cert. This is collusion with the devil in open view. This collusion is seen when Cuomo sends 5000 plus sick people into "health care facilities" where the already ill patients are intentionally introduced to "the covid". This is murder, not health care, and it is for the purpose of terrifying the already compromised victims.

The people most fearful of "the covid" are people who fear death because they don't know what happens afterward, and don't want to know. When I get sick, and I have been deathly ill several times, I ask the LORD to heal me, and reiterate my absolute faith in his decisions, and acknowledge that my soul, and my time is in his hand, and I am looking forward to being face to face with him. This is not "self-talk", this is God talk, this a soul leaning absolutely on his promise, no hedge.

To be wary and cautious is intelligent. To petulantly require 40000000 Americans to lose their jobs and homes and bank accounts and futures so the virus will bypass me is not something that I want to be guilty of.

The published public numbers are HIGHLY INFLATED, and WRONG.

Most people my age likely already have whatever is going to kill them. I am not going to hijack the futures of 40000000 of my countrymen who likely fear death so I can extend my earth time. My citizenship is in heaven, and I know where I am going. And I hope the ones who got squashed by unconstitutional, illegal acts of government terrorism share the future that's been promised to me.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

When Earnhardt died from the wreck at Daytona in February of 2001 I sorta stopped watching then slowly I came back . But now the powers that be at NASCAR have caved for this BS in Minneapolis. Today or yesterday they announced something to the affect “flags of the Confederacy are not allowed on any premises under contract with NASCAR” . The last few races I’ve watched all had the Star Spangled Banner sung by a non Caucasian person that butchered the words . I’m sick of all the BS over a hood rat that met his end in Minneapolis.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:22 pm When Earnhardt died from the wreck at Daytona in February of 2001 I sorta stopped watching then slowly I came back . But now the powers that be at NASCAR have caved for this BS in Minneapolis. Today or yesterday they announced something to the affect “flags of the Confederacy are not allowed on any premises under contract with NASCAR” . The last few races I’ve watched all had the Star Spangled Banner sung by a non Caucasian person that butchered the words . I’m sick of all the BS over a hood rat that met his end in Minneapolis.
Amen.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:36 am
Rube Burrows wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:54 am
It's BS because there have been any number of other flu that killed huge numbers of Americans, and always those most vulnerable. Remember when troops returning from Vietnam brought home the Hong Kong flu? Most people seem to have forgotten how deadly it was,or even that it existed. And none of the previous flu pandemics created worldwide shutdowns. The shutdowns might have saved lives then, but nobody did it.

Worldwide Influenza Pandemic Death tolls

Spanish Flu 1918–1920 50 million
Asian Flu 1957–1958 1.5 to 2 million
Hong Kong Flu 1968–1969 1 million
Swine Flu 2009–2010 over 18,209

So yes, a lot died from corona, but not as many as from some other flu viruses. The liberal left keeps comparing corona deaths to Vietnam deaths.Yet the Hong Kong flu during Vietnam killed far more than the casualties during Vietnam. Why didn't anyone compare it to Vietnam then?
We are not in disagreement.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:22 pm When Earnhardt died from the wreck at Daytona in February of 2001 I sorta stopped watching then slowly I came back . But now the powers that be at NASCAR have caved for this BS in Minneapolis. Today or yesterday they announced something to the affect “flags of the Confederacy are not allowed on any premises under contract with NASCAR” . The last few races I’ve watched all had the Star Spangled Banner sung by a non Caucasian person that butchered the words . I’m sick of all the BS over a hood rat that met his end in Minneapolis.
I was an Earnhardt fan also. From as far back as I can remember. When he died I followed Kevin Harvick and he is still a top driver but the sport is just not the same now and I find it harder to sit down a watch a long race like that these days. I do still kinda keep an eye on Harvick but just not fully invested anymore.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Rube Burrows wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:31 pm
I was an Earnhardt fan also. From as far back as I can remember. When he died I followed Kevin Harvick and he is still a top driver but the sport is just not the same now and I find it harder to sit down a watch a long race like that these days. I do still kinda keep an eye on Harvick but just not fully invested anymore.
Those days of Dale Earnhardt's era were all some of the finest NASCAR years! I was/am a Dale Earnhardt fan, and always will be. Have a bunch of worthless memorabilia acquired concerning DE, and it will likely be tossed out when I leave this earth. Nascar went downhill after DE, and will never return to anything I'd watch.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The only racing I care to watch anymore is the movie "Ford VS Ferrari which came out last year. even My Wife liked it . a lot of action.