Another trip to the range

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Another trip to the range

Post by 2ndovc »

I put this AR together a few months ago, function tested it and put it back in the rack until I had time to finish tweaking it. Mounted a Bushnell scope I had on it and off to the range this morning.
I was only shooting at 25 yds today, wasn't feeling all that great this morning so I just hung out where I was. The target on the bench is 20 rounds, mostly through one big hole. I'll see what it will do at 100 yds the next time out.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Another trip to the range

Post by piller »

It shows promise.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Is that 300 blackout? Nice knife.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

3leggedturtle wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:18 am Is that 300 blackout? Nice knife.
No, just a plain old 5.56. I tried a .300 BO but I didn't care for it. Too many cartridges to reload for already.
The knife is an older Cold Steel that I've had for years. Sheath fell apart just after I got it and it spent a couple of decades in the box
until last summer when I had a leather one made for it.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I hear that, i was to 19 different cartridges i loaded for. Was down to 9 last spring but have since acquired a .257 Roberts and a 25/06. I should have bought XD 9mm Compact but didnt think quick enough. Picked up stainless 2.25" SP101 in 357. Great little gun.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!