Nice morning at the range.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Nice morning at the range.

Post by 2ndovc »

Between all the hospital stays and really wet weather, I finally got some shooting in. I'd picked up a Canadian made Colt AR-15 last winter. Century Arms got a few in and a dealer friend let me know as soon as he got the email.
I wanted to get the sights on paper and see what bullets the 1/9 heavy barrel preferred. The 55gr bullets were just a bit tighter but I wasn't really shooing for groups, mainly to get the sights close to where they belong at 50 yds. This Colt is nowhere as accurate as my commercial colts that will chew the centers out of a target at 50 yds. I'm wondering it that giant barrel /light clamp might have something to do with it and will take it off next time out. Other than that, it worked just like it should. Needs a better trigger though.
Bounced about 50 rounds off the gong with the Bisley and the .45 ACP cylinder. What a hoot! I ordered a new Bowen target rear sight for it so I didn't do much with the sights.
Anyway, it was a nice quiet morning for a little sun and exercise. :D

jb 8) 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Nice morning at the range.

Post by Pitchy »

Nice jb 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

:o having those 2 together is sacrilege unless you shot the revolver 1st! :mrgreen: i have yet to shoot any factory ammo in my AR. But i did buy a ammo can of 62gr green tips. I like how the grips contrast with the stainless. Todd/3leg

What knife you bring with them?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

3leggedturtle wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:47 pm :o having those 2 together is sacrilege unless you shot the revolver 1st! :mrgreen: i have yet to shoot any factory ammo in my AR. But i did buy a ammo can of 62gr green tips. I like how the grips contrast with the stainless. Todd/3leg

What knife you bring with them?
I did actually, that was a quick 50 rounds! :D
I like to be a little anachronistic when I go to the range. One can only take so much black plastic.
I had my AG Russell folding knife and there's always a pocket tool in my bag.
I've lost so much weight, my pistol belt was already falling off with just the Ruger, a large fixed knife would have been way too much.
I fixed that when I got home with 4 new holes. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like the look of that Bisley. . . . . . 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.