This guy is just plain down-home FUN....!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

This guy is just plain down-home FUN....!

Post by AJMD429 »

Any time you can have a world-class champeen shooter go out in the back yard and shoot expired canned goods with big-bore revolvers, you just know it's gonna be fun...

https://youtu.be/zopz6UrTLCY

Imagine having him as a neighbor....what a cool guy.

Lots of humility but lots of fun too...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This guy is just plain down-home FUN....!

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Doc, just watched him do a video shooting the S&W Governer and testing the self defense loads in gel blocks. Interesting, educational and entertaining! Hickok45 would be a great neighbor too. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You never can have enough expired cans, they do make excellent targets........ :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:01 am You never can have enough expired cans, they do make excellent targets........ :lol:
No such thing as expired canned goods ;

Cough, hack....wheez.....
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

TraderVic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:26 am
gamekeeper wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:01 am You never can have enough expired cans, they do make excellent targets........ :lol:
No such thing as expired canned goods ;

Cough, hack....wheez.....
Maybe but I feel less guilty if they're past the use by date.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jerry Miculek was signing hats at the NRA convention in Dallas a couple of years ago. He was polite and friendly. I would not mind having a neighbor like him. I could sure learn a lot even from a little time shooting with him.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like it when people are experts but don't take themselves so seriously. Jerry know he could outshot about anyone he meets but just acts like a regular, down-home guy.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Had one of the big food service cans of baked beans that had expired. I decided to shoot it with a 45/70. Was only about 10 yards away when I fired. The can disappeared in shreds, I had time to think "Wow! How cool is that!" when the contents started raining down on me. Had to clean the gun, my shirt, shooting bag and truck. All was full of beans..... :shock:

Don
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Been doing this for years, love it. Last time I had a 357 shootout between a pre model 27 3.5in, vs. Python 8ln. The Smith would roll the cans nicely, the python would rain food down for ever it seemed, got the widest splatter pattern from chili with no beans (30 ft from target) I keep emergency food at the ranch in fair quantities and have shot way more of it than I ever ate. Note: chili will not harm the finish of a blued python as far as I know :D
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

"Had one of the big food service cans of baked beans that had expired. I decided to shoot it with a 45/70. Was only about 10 yards away when I fired. The can disappeared in shreds, I had time to think "Wow! How cool is that!" when the contents started raining down on me. Had to clean the gun, my shirt, shooting bag and truck. All was full of beans..... :shock:

Don"

I was thinking about the results of shooting one of those big #10 cans of whatever........
You'd have to wear a slicker, eh? :lol:

-Stretch
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Of course beans and chili both are likely to vaporize. Have any of you ever seen Blazing Saddles?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost