Why Wouldn't This Be A Good Idea??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Why Wouldn't This Be A Good Idea??

Post by Blaine »

Hydroxychloroquine is working.
What if over a period of a couple months we provided everybody the three day treatment of it. To be taken over the same weekend?
Might be a decent stop-gap until they get the vaccine approved. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Why Wouldn't This Be A Good Idea??

Post by AJMD429 »

.....because........

Orange
Man
BAD
.....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:19 pm .....because........

Orange
Man
BAD
.....!
No doubt...but, like the stimulus money, I'll bet the majority of Liberals would use it....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Other than proving my President to be correct, there is not anything I can think of at the moment to say against it.

By the way, sunlight is showing some really good results in killing the Chi-Com virus.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:30 pm Other than proving my President to be correct, there is not anything I can think of at the moment to say against it.

By the way, sunlight is showing some really good results in killing the Chi-Com virus.
Yea, but how the heck do we the sunshine into our lungs. Be one heck of a mirror setup. :roll:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Read up on the contraindications and side effects of this drug and you will see that free doses for everyone is probably not a good idea, even if it's the bee's knees for COVID-19.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I believe that this would just relieve the symptoms of those who used it, but it would not destroy the virus, and it might not induce an immunity.

Am I mistaken?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 pm
piller wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:30 pm Other than proving my President to be correct, there is not anything I can think of at the moment to say against it.

Yea, but how the heck do we the sunshine into our lungs. Be one heck of a mirror setup. :roll:
FIber optics parallel to intubation?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pisgah wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:20 pm Read up on the contraindications and side effects of this drug and you will see that free doses for everyone is probably not a good idea, even if it's the bee's knees for COVID-19.
Oh, I have.
I also believe that there has been a bit of confusion between Hydroxychloroquine & Chloroquine, the former being the one used successfully, and the latter has much worse side effects.

SNIP:
Common hydroxychloroquine side effects may include:
headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
loss of appetite, weight loss;
mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;

Have you ever looked at the side effects of other commonly used drugs? Asprin, for example. :idea:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

"Common hydroxychloroquine side effects may include:
headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;"

I have all that now, except weight loss and I haven't taken pill one!
Bob
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Tylenol causes me to get nausea, stomach pain, liver pain, headache, blurred vision, difficulty breathing, dangerously enlarged spleen, and a few other side effects. Funny, but it is the medicine of choice for mild pain and fever for most people. Aspirin causes decreased blood clot formation for most people, but it does absolutely nothing at all for me. Spoiled sweet clover, also known as WARFarin, usually stops thinning the blood about 3 days after it is stopped, but it takes 6 or 7 days to stop doing that to me. Clopidogrel, brand name is Plavix, causes decreased blood clotting for most people. For me it is totally inert.

My point is that what seems dangerous may not be as bad as it sounds if used in small quantities and for a short time. What is thought of as safe is not always safe if misused.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:59 pm Tylenol causes me to get nausea, stomach pain, liver pain, headache, blurred vision, difficulty breathing, dangerously enlarged spleen, and a few other side effects. Funny, but it is the medicine of choice for mild pain and fever for most people. Aspirin causes decreased blood clot formation for most people, but it does absolutely nothing at all for me. Spoiled sweet clover, also known as WARFarin, usually stops thinning the blood about 3 days after it is stopped, but it takes 6 or 7 days to stop doing that to me. Clopidogrel, brand name is Plavix, causes decreased blood clotting for most people. For me it is totally inert.

My point is that what seems dangerous may not be as bad as it sounds if used in small quantities and for a short time. What is thought of as safe is not always safe if misused.
Exactly....My point was that if you look at the side effects of most meds, you will find similar notations for every one of them, including hydroxychloroquine.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I have every symptom I have ever read about, which is why I stopped reading about that stuff. And I feel much better, thanks very much.... :lol:
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

I already take Hydroxychloroquine for my arthritis. Not sure if it will help keep me from Covid 19 or not. Good so far.

Don
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Getting the infection but a 'mild' version would be ideal, actually. So taking the various supplements to keep in good shape, and the appropriate other meds if infection suspected or confirmed or exposure really high, would hopefully reduce chances of a severe infection, while allowing you to get 'just enough' infection to develop some immunity.

RNA viruses replicate sloppily though, so they are seldom identical the next year. So that means even 'real' (non-vaccine) immunity isn't 100%.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Even if the virus mutates, having it previously does allow for your immune system to fight it off faster. RNA viruses, for those who don't know, are viruses that must hijack the cell they invade to be able to reproduce. Unlike bacteria, they are not capable of reproduction on their own. Immunity is not always perfect because our white cells are being turned out in a biological factory which has a few errors in the process, and those errors may show up every thousand or hundred thousand copies. Oddly, those errors sometimes work better. Biology is not as precise as mechanical processes are. If it were, nothing would change. Hopefully this helps a little toward understanding that viruses and diseases are probably going to be with us as long as life is around.
D. Brian Casady
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

"headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;"

I experienced these in Daytona at Bike Speed Week 1972 when PBR was .99/six.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DocRock »

The Hydroxychloroquine Zithromax Zinc treatment isn't prophylactic (though zinc supplements may help). The treatment counteracts the viral stripping of protein bonds in hemoglobin that release iron and causes oxidation (in the same way that does in treating malaria), but if the virus isn't doing that to you, you get all the side effects and no real benefit. And the side effects are not pleasant. When we lived in Malaysia, none of the expats took anti-malarials because the side effects were too nasty. Except gin. We drank gin. Doesn't do anything for malaria but kills the taste of the quinine...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Zinc lozenges leave you with a leathery feel in your mouth. Not pleasant. I guess some unpleasantness is better than being unable to get oxygen to your cells.
D. Brian Casady