Easter Bunnies....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Easter Bunnies....

Post by AJMD429 »

Bummer......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Easter Bunnies....

Post by M. M. Wright »

Oh Doc, you bring back memories. I have two sets of kids. The 3 older ones, (they're about 50 now) learned to eat rabbit off the grill. We even had several hutches of them so we didn't run out. We put everything on that old grill. Only thing not good was a whole Carp! Might have been better If we'd gilled and gutted it first. My Dad built it from Maw's old wash kettle. I still fire it up occasionally.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm just waiting for the day when I can see rabbits again, there are none at the moment on the land where I hunt.... :cry:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

LOL, My brother had some rabbits for the kids that the kids were "supposed" to care for, for months he ended up taking care of the rabbits until he got disgusted one day and asked me to come over and "take care" of the rabbits.

It took 3 months for the kids to discover the rabbits were gone....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A buddy of mine raised wabbits, his 2 best does he named Hillary and Nancy. Everyone asked why he named them that- his reply was SO I CAN EAT THEIR CHILDREN! Of course this was during the Clinton reign of terror.
One day a big bearded biker stopped by, shut off his ride and asked my bud if he could buy rabbits from him. Sure but what are you doing with them my bud asks- feeding them to my python the feller says. Ok I'll sell you rabbits under 1 condition- I get to watch it eat ! DONE!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Reminds me of a long weekend Hondo hunt a few years back.

Everyone agreed to bring some food and I brought breakfast fixing for two mornings. A friend brought the toughest steaks ever from an old bull bison. 86er had brought a guest from out of state and Richard, the landowner loaned him a rifle and took him out to try for some game Saturday afternoon and we heard pistol shots, but no rifle shots. Upon their return, they just smiled when asked what was shot.
Richard used his new outdoor grill to cook all the meat and then brought it in to the table hot. It was bison, beef, and a whole RABBIT. I took a bite of the bison so as not to insult my friend ,but filled up on the grilled rabbit. It had been shot in the head, so none of the meat was ruined. Yummy! Only a few of the other hunter knew how good rabbit tastes, so I had all I wanted.
Like a lot of kids raised in the country, I grew up hunting small game and lots of rabbits. Plus an uncle raised domestic meat rabbits and my dad traded chickens for rabbits annually.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Reminds me of a long weekend Hondo hunt a few years back.

Everyone agreed to bring some food and I brought breakfast fixing for two mornings. A friend brought the toughest steaks ever from an old bull bison. 86er had brought a guest from out of state and Richard, the landowner loaned him a rifle and took him out to try for some game Saturday afternoon and we heard pistol shots, but no rifle shots. Upon their return, they just smiled when asked what was shot.
Richard used his new outdoor grill to cook all the meat and then brought it in to the table hot. It was bison, beef, and a whole RABBIT. I took a bite of the bison so as not to insult my friend ,but filled up on the grilled rabbit. It had been shot in the head, so none of the meat was ruined. Yummy! Only a few of the other hunter knew how good rabbit tastes, so I had all I wanted.
Like a lot of kids raised in the country, I grew up hunting small game and lots of rabbits. Plus an uncle raised domestic meat rabbits and my dad traded chickens for rabbits annually.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We used to shoot rabbits when out pheasant hunting. The rabbits were just a little extra. Rolled in flour and chicken fried, rabbit is delicious.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost