Happy Winston Churchill Day!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

April 9th celebrates the day President JFK made Sir Winston Churchill an honorary US Citizen to thank him for his leadership during WWII.

My favorite Churchill quote:

“If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.”
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Happy Winston Churchill Day!

Post by gamekeeper »

The right man at the right time, he had an uphill struggle with his "supposedly" own people, much like President Trump.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

One of the great men of the 20th century -- who saw his own brother slain in the Boer War and was among the first to use the Mauser C96 in combat at Omdurman.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

This one seems appropriate for today.

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

I recently read a book about his days in the Boer War, being taken prisoner, escaping and making his way home. I'll have to look up the title if anyone is interested

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

We had planned to visit the museum at Westminster College on the 9th where he gave his "Iron Curtain" speech but unfortunately that's apparently not an essential activity.

I instead had to be content with reading that speech in the comfort of my own home. While drinking coffee.

Thank you to all who sacrificed to make this possible.