Gas Mileage during this crisis...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Gas Mileage during this crisis...

Post by Old No7 »

Yup, my SUV is doing about this well! :wink:

3 Weeks Gallon.jpg

Dang... Gas prices are the lowest in a long time, and I'm not using any................ :shock:

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gas Mileage during this crisis...

Post by Old No7 »

Oh well, since I'm here, I'll add this one to go along with it... :wink:

Old No7

Cheap Gas.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I bet all that unused low price gas will suddenly get expensive again at the first chance.... Prices go up very quickly compared to how slowly they come down :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

With a juniper cutting contract on-going I have been putting normal miles on the old Chevy (nothing like wielding a chain saw to keep up "social isolation"). Diesel at under $2.50/gal seemed cheap to me until I heard how much cheaper it is everywhere but the left coast.

Have a shoot scheduled this Friday for just a few of us local boys, so will get some black powder burned along with the diesel. Talk about things that go up and never come down -- price of black powder.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It IS sort of a sad thing that my 13mpg F-250/Alaskan Camper is grounded with cheap gas around..at least to the east of me....west coast gas is still more than a buck a gal more than rest of the country. :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

nobody's grounded. we are free to move about the country. I self-quarentine every time I get in my car.

plus, on one of my local commutes there are no traffic stops, almost 0 radar hits, and I often get passed by cars and bikes going over a hundred. speed groups of three well separated vehicles are doing eighty often.

I suspect that the patrol knows all about it, and just don't think handling snotty drivers licenses is worth the risk.

Texas secondaries are posted 75 and completely open road in between the cities. But this is almost as good as driving in TX for the time being.

If I were free to travel, could get off work, I'd be gone in a flash. I'd stock my chuck box with 6 weeks provisions and put the pedal to the metal. ... well, after getting an updated detector. :lol:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Gruzz, I'da thought you'd be on your boat sailing away.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

3leggedturtle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:40 pm Gruzz, I'da thought you'd be on your boat sailing away.
other obligations for the time being. eventually I'll cross that sea when I come to it
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No joke! In Texas if the average speed of traffic is faster than you are going, and you are driving in the inside lane, you can be ticketed for obstructing the flow of traffic. If you are not comfortable going with the flow of traffic, move over to the far right lane. When traffic is heavy and still flowing nicely, most of the Law Enforcement let it go. The point is, the traffic is flowing well. Causing a disruption such as cutting in and out of lanes or going too slow and making others swerve around you will get you a ticket. Texas is a big State and it helps to be able to move rapidly when you need to go 200 or 300 miles one way for the job. My Brother-in-Law works for an oil company and he currently drives 450 miles one way and stays there a week. Off a week, then back. 900 miles a week is not all that unusual. It is also why we try to get there without wasting time.

Hope this helps you all to understand Texas driving a little better.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Gas prices will be getting even lower with dropping sales. Does anyone remember the gas wars of the 50’s ?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Chuck 100 yd wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:38 pm Gas prices will be getting even lower with dropping sales. Does anyone remember the gas wars of the 50’s ?
I remember 13.9 In North KC in 72....two stations sluggin' it out.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

North KC. Wyandotte County, and Wyandotte Bar B Q has some of the best Bar B Q sandwiches anywhere. Best lunch ever. That is also where the fair was robbed in the late 1800s by Jesse James. Jesse James shot a young boy to make the pursuit stop. They stopped to try to save the little boy's life. The James gang got away. Kansas City has parts in Kansas and parts in Missouri. Lots to do and see there.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost