Boredom

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Boredom

Post by 6pt-sika »

Think I’ve got 800-1000 Remington 10 gauge hulls that are trimmed to 2 7/8” and loaded with this that and the other . Usually when I load buckshot and slugs I load 25-30 of whatever size it is , since my 2 7/8” shells are kept in nice new white 10 gauge 3 1/2” boxes I fit a few extra over the normal 25 . So with eight sizes of buck and seven different slugs that’s about 400 hulls . Then take into consideration a box of #4 and #6 birdshot as well as a box each of #1 #2 and #4 bismuth another 130-135 hulls . So that keeps a lot of my hulls out of service until used . Then figure in I like to keep a flat of my light Red Dot loads with #8’s as well as another flat of Red Dot loads with #7 1/2’s and last but not least as close as I can get to a flat of Red Dot loads with #9’s . So to keep on hand for my covey of 10 gauge doubles I need to try and keep on hand about 1300 hulls . So to remedy that I ordered 500 nice new Remington 10 gauge 3 1/2” hulls from Precision Reloading yesterday along with some mylar wraps . I’d had the mylar stuff on backorder with midway for over a year . So this should keep me occupied for a week or so provided covid19 doesn’t find ne and take me out :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Boredom

Post by GunnyMack »

How is it you dont deal with Ballistic Products?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:05 pm How is it you dont deal with Ballistic Products?
I only buy from BPI if it’s a last resort . I’ve had some dealings with them in the past that were way way less than stellar .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

And last I looked BPI didn’t have Remington 10 gauge hulls just Chedditte or some such as that . I’m no fan of Chedditte .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes, I've had a few issues with them too but they HAVE the odd stuff like mylar wraps. True about cheddite, I'm not overly fond of fioochi hulls myself.

They do have Federal hulls.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!