If you like hit-and-miss old iron ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

If you like hit-and-miss old iron ...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

... and are on Facebook, there is a wonderful group there. Just look up Hit and miss engine collectors. The guys are putting up fresh videos constantly. Wish more of them were on Youtube.
Lenn, are you on this page? I think of you when I go there. You have to ask to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hitandmissengine/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: If you like hit-and-miss old iron ...

Post by gamekeeper »

There's a lot of enthusiastic collectors over here, seems like every country show I go to has a line of these old engines puffing and chugging..... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

GK, yes, lots of great Youtubes from your side of the big pond. A favorite is your Field Marshall tractor that starts with a 12-gauge shell. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEurohAwrmA
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I don`t use FB Bill but love the old iron. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Bill, can you imagine stalling at traffic lights with that Field Marshall :?: 8)
Thanks for the video . 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

GK, that's a fine old tractor. I have seen them in person at the big Steam-up held each summer in Brooks, Oregon. Always a crowd pleaser when the owner taps that 12-gauge shell. 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I used to have four or five New Holland hit and miss engines . But my big thing were Frick Steam
Engines both portable ones and traction engines . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6-jOPWsBA
6C86F1A0-93D8-45AF-8F0F-10C48BFEB932.jpeg
3FAB0C34-3F90-4D9A-9A38-B86B245FC795.jpeg
9730FFEB-714C-40EF-A219-0C8E8D4120F5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Love the big steam tractors, 6-pt. Lots of Case out this way.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My step grandfather was a Traction Engine driver, my Dad travelled to all the big Steam Fairs over here and I still love the sound and smell of old fashioned Steam. 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:58 am Love the big steam tractors, 6-pt. Lots of Case out this way.
When I bought the first one at the grand old age of 20 I wanted a Case but couldn’t find one . So I ended up with a Frick that was about 50 HP . As I got to know the other fellows that owned and went to the same shows as I did I was able to try various brand engines . All I’m gonna say is Case makes a wonderful looking engine but when actually working them they are harder to fire . I suppose the easiest way to say it is Frick put larger than necessary boilers on different size/rated engines and Case was more of wanting as small a boiler as possible for the rating . Anyway when it was all said and done I’d owned two Frick tractions , a small portable and a couple steam engines on sills . Bottom line is it’s much easier carrying seven or eight ten pound guns to the care than it is loading one steam engine or hit n miss engine for that matter . But I sure enjoyed them when I had the ambition to mess with them .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !