"Think back, Pilgrim . . ." to the long ago "Larry King Live" radio broadcasts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

"Think back, Pilgrim . . ." to the long ago "Larry King Live" radio broadcasts

Post by Naphtali »

Okay, I appreciate the way the screenplay of "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" transformed a short story with no flesh to a magnificent motion picture allegory. My query, of course, has nothing to do with story, screenplay, or movie. Rather, it's all about a song that has stuck in my mind for a generation.

Think back to the Larry King show. There was a recurring lead-in to it that was a song?? from some stage or screen version of Alice in Wonderland that began something like . . .

I'm late. I'm late. For a very important date. No time to say hello goodby. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

- Please identify the song and what play, musical comedy, or movie in which it occurs.

- Can anyone furnish an mp3 of the complete song, or a link to it on youtube?
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Think back, Pilgrim . . ." to the long ago "Larry King Live" radio broadcasts

Post by Old No7 »

No need to rely on our aging/failing memories...

Just do a Google Search with those lyrics pasted in after you type "song lyrics"...

That's how I identify songs I may hear on the radio that I want to check out more -- it usually works very well.

Now I gotta go 'cause...

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for... -- for nuthin'!!!!!!!"

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Think back, Pilgrim . . ." to the long ago "Larry King Live" radio broadcasts

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Re: The man who shot Liberty Valance. The song makes no comment to the fact that Liberty was shot by a man hiding in the shadows behind the corner of a building.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

true, but it did accentuate the habit of politicians shooting people in the back by proxy
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

Old No. 7 and Steve: Many thanks for your help.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

COSteve wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:11 pm If I remember correctly, it was the White Rabbit who sang it in Disney's Alice in Wonderland.
exactly ! my kids would get it right because I often quote it
cable