Fauci's best guess

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Fauci's best guess

Post by Bill in Oregon »

From Reuters a few minutes ago. The interesting figures are flu mortality and the 675,000 who died from Spanish Flu. we have Spanish flu dead in our little cemetery here in Alamogordo.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, estimated in an interview with CNN that the pandemic could cause between 100,000 and 200,000 deaths in the United States.
Since 2010, the flu has killed between 12,000 and 61,000 Americans a year, according to the website here of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The 1918-19 flu pandemic killed 675,000 in the United States, according to the CDC.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Fauci's best guess

Post by piller »

Lots of bad things have happened over time. Maybe some of these Pandemics were Natural selection to reduce the load on Nature. Maybe. Natural selection more often than not causes deaths.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

My $00,000.02 worth is a number of folks, while not admitting it will be happy for those kind of numbers.

A good chunk of those will be homeless, drug-addled, mental illness issues, poor, and the like.

Once the big city hospitals start getting overwhelmed, you know who will be triaged out first.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I am confused. [Since 2010, the flu has killed between 12,000 and 61,000 Americans a year.] In the early 1950`s many died from polio and many crippled. The country didn't have a 2 trillion stimulus and the stock market didn't tank.
So far we have lost something like 2,100 to the virus and we now find it necessary to stop everything and bankrupt the country?
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

It's a combination of our so-called 'news' media and current politics. Trump is in office, he's responsible for this whole mess, orange man bad, and he should go away.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Booger Bill wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:02 pm I am confused. [Since 2010, the flu has killed between 12,000 and 61,000 Americans a year.] In the early 1950`s many died from polio and many crippled. The country didn't have a 2 trillion stimulus and the stock market didn't tank.
So far we have lost something like 2,100 to the virus and we now find it necessary to stop everything and bankrupt the country?
MUCH of this is the 'Deep State' trying to destroy Trump, because despite his 'many flaws', he is the biggest threat to the 'progressssssssssssssssssssssssive' movement yet. They can't wait to create a society where everyone is dependent on government for food, health care, education, and security. The funny part is that 'they' are mostly spoiled, out-of-shape, wimps in academia and corporate America, who are stupid enough to ASSume that they will somehow be 'among the elite', and therefore they will be above the 'rules'. Right now, they are - they have enough money to live in safe neighborhoods, drive reliable vehicles, have jobs that aren't dangerous, have burglar alarms, and have never actually been REALLY hungry, or in much of any real danger. The 'anointed' seldom live in that bubble very long though, and history shows they usually are among the first to be abandoned by those who take power. Boot-lickers are very expendable, once their votes and money have been put to use...

Evidently 'they' don't have time to read history, despite their pretense of being 'intellectual' and 'academics', nor the self-awareness to realize their hypocrisy, nor the humility to recognize that the 'unwashed' among us (aka the 'deplorables') have a far better grasp of reality.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I cant agree with wecsoger on that. I think the leftest news along with the democrat party sensationalized the virus to put president trump in a spot so bad that the stock market has tanked. Odd how they tried to get him impeached for so long and when that didn't work they used this virus that conveniently came along. I DO mix politics with religion. I believe the devil himself is behind this and using every weapon in these last days. He has been using the demonrat party for years. You wont find a INTELLIGENT CHRISTIAN in the democrat party. The country would have run the president out on a rail if he didn't come out with the stimulus with the way the left blew everything out of proportion.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:05 am... the pandemic could cause between 100,000 and 200,000 deaths in the United States... The 1918-19 flu pandemic killed 675,000 in the United States, according to the CDC.
The population was 104 million then and so scales to 2.1 million being killed out of today's 327 million.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Booger Bill wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:32 pm I cant agree with wecsoger on that. I think the leftest news along with the democrat party sensationalized the virus to put president trump in a spot so bad that the stock market has tanked. Odd how they tried to get him impeached for so long and when that didn't work they used this virus that conveniently came along. I DO mix politics with religion. I believe the devil himself is behind this and using every weapon in these last days. He has been using the demonrat party for years. You wont find a INTELLIGENT CHRISTIAN in the democrat party. The country would have run the president out on a rail if he didn't come out with the stimulus with the way the left blew everything out of proportion.
Wescoger was using sarcasm to mock the libtards
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

From what I read the 1918 flu had a mortality rate of around 2%. This was at a time when there was not much the doctor's could do if you caught it. This Covid 19 ....so far ......has an average world mortality rate of 4.5% with just under 2% here in the states and 10% in Italy.........and this is with modern medical technology.

Common sense tells me the 1918 Spanish flu was child's play compared to this virus.

It's been coming for a long time....too many people in this world to feed. Be prepared-----6
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

it is not possible to accurately say what the actual kill rate of the chinavirus is BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT SO-CALLED CHINAVIRUS CASUALTIES ARE BEING CONFLATED WITH NORMAL RUN OF THE MILL DEATHS. I JUST HEARD AN EXPERT STATE THAT THE NORMAL DEATH TOLL FROM RESPITORY FAILURE IN ITALY IS AROUND 14,000 PER YEAR. SOME OF THOSE MAY HAVE EVIDENCE OF CHINAVIRUS WHEN THEY DIE, BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT CHINAVIRUS ACTUALLY KILLED THEM. THEY DIED OF NATURAL CAUSES. THEY WERE DYING WITHOUT CHINAV, AND CHINAV MAY NOT HAVE KILLED THEM. SO THE PROPAGANDA ORGANS ARE CONFLATING THESE NUMBERS BASED ON PHONEY BALOGNA SCARE TACTIC GUESSES BASED ON NOTHING.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THERE ARE MANY COVID VIRUSES, AND NO ONE IS TESTING FOR THEM TO SEE HOW MANY OF THOSE VERSIONS ARE AFFECTING HEALTH.

I HOPE FOR THE RAPTURE, AND WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.