Integrally Suppressed Enfield 45 ACP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Integrally Suppressed Enfield 45 ACP

Post by AJMD429 »

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/dispatches-v11n1/

Kinda cool. I'd rather have one in 45 Colt so there would be room for powder and a heavier flatface bullet though.

I shoulda had them thread my BHA 500 S&W levergun.... :|
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Integrally Suppressed Enfield 45 ACP

Post by J Miller »

Those are cool. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

.45 Colt or .45 ACP either one would probably be good for suppressed use. I wonder about a trapper length .45 Colt with an integral suppressor. It would be short and handy. Too bad that the laws still promote deafness.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

They used the .45 Auto as they were plentiful as well as the 1911 magazines.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I want one!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've seen Ruger 77/44 and 96/44's with integrally-suppressed fast-twist barrels, and they are sweet...

The Enfield is kinda classy though...

If I had time (....oh yeah, and maybe some 'skills' as a machinist/gunsmith... :wink: ) I'd like to make my own integrally-suppressed something. I think I'd look at a 444 Marlin or 45-70, actually, as there would be PLENTY of room for a HUGE cylindrical bullet, and room for whatever powder it took to get the chunk moving to around 1000 fps...

Really, I think all you have to do is file some NFA forms, and you can make your own suppressor, so with something like a custom-ordered Encore barrel with a faster than normal twist, you could just order it maybe 12" or 16" long and threaded, drill a bunch of holes in it, then use 'pipe' to surround it with a de-compression chamber and a bunch of baffles. If one wanted ultimate light weight and so on, they'd need unique skills and titanium and so on, but if one didn't care that much about weight and size, I think it wouldn't be all that difficult to do.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:03 pm I think I'd look at a 444 Marlin or 45-70, actually, as there would be PLENTY of room for a HUGE cylindrical bullet, and room for whatever powder it took to get the chunk moving to around 1000 fps...
A few years back I wanted to get my short barreled 444 working at sub sonic with a 300 grain bullet . Bear in mind this was a 1:36 twist barrel and I had no luck getting accuracy with the speed I wanted . If I’d gotten it to work I was going to thread the barrel . I do believe it might very well work with a newer Ballard rifled 1:20 barrel , but I don’t have one of those I wanna chop and or thread .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !