the Ruger PC 9 Charger pistol...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

the Ruger PC 9 Charger pistol...

Post by AJMD429 »

Looks like a nice gun (....aren't they all.... :mrgreen: ).

https://ruger.com/products/pcCharger/sp ... 29100.html

My wish list for it:

1. An accessory barrel in 22 TCM, maybe 10"

2. An integrally suppressed barrel maybe 10"

The first would probably get 2500 fps or more from 40 gr 223 bullets (ballistics established at 2,000 fps @ 5" barrel and 3,000 fps @ 16" barrel), and would use the same magazines. Might require a lighter spring like the 1911's do. It would penetrate hard stuff for applications needing that.

The second would just be....quiet.... 8)

One of many on-line reviews - https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... c-charger/
...and the SBT brace - https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gear- ... ing-brace/
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: the Ruger PC 9 Charger pistol...

Post by 2ndovc »

That's cool! I love my PC9, nice shooting carbine.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That MSRP is kinda high, but that's an interesting platform.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Doc, have you watched any reviews on the new Uzi Pro?
Bill, whats money, when you can sell it here to one of us afterwards! :lol:
I want one to replace my hi-point planet of apes 9mm.... todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Colion Noir on the PC Charger - https://youtu.be/VxJdRTkJGUE
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 18, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I snagged one early thankfully.
Arm brace too... :mrgreen:

Now I want a stock for my 22LR Charger with that 1913 rail on the back. . . .3leggedturtle’s post got me thinkin’....

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 04, 2022 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Doc, A 135-150gr RN or aFP bullet going 900-1000fps would be quiet and effective. Sorta like a short rimless .38 Special! :P
B4 i saw the binary trigger for the Charger, took an extra 10/22 barrel and cut down to 6". Then I sanded it down until it weighs 9oz. My Charger with Weaver 2.5X PCH scope on weighs 3lb 5 1/2pz without mag in. Hate to see what the 6" carbon fiber barrels goes for. I'm hoping Ruger will sell the brace adapter with rail separately.
PC9 Charger a brace would be a great, subsisting backwoods gun. Right up there with a 30/30 or 357 lever. YMMV Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This 'chassis' (aluminum skeletonized stock) looks like a good (not cheap though) option - Odin Chassis - it has a built-in 1913 rail that would fit the SB folding arm brace (...which I can borrow off my 9mm Charger.... 8) )

The ultimate barrel would be an integrally-suppressed one - Innovative Arms Integrally Suppressed Charger Barrel - no throwing off the balance, or extra length.

The downside of 'integrally suppressed' barrels is that they mean you're investing a big chunk of money on only one gun. My Mystic (LibertyCans) cost something around $850 back when I got it, but it is one you can take apart to clean fully, so can use cast bullets and 22 LR without issues, plus it came with 5/16" and 1/2" adapters so I can use it on probably ten or more guns (any AR, any threaded gun of 0.357" caliber or less, although full-bore magnum like 300 Winchester isn't recommended, but 308 Win is acceptable, or 35 Remington, 357 Mag, etc...). So the 'real cost' (at least how I man-splained it to my wife [risking death]) was only around $85 per gun, right.... :D And of course the tax don't count, cuz it's for a STAMP, not a gun...... :wink: However, if you wanted to make a Charger into an 'ultimate bug-out gun' it would probably be the ultimate setup to have the integrally suppressed barrel and a light 'chassis' and light arm-brace. A top quality red-dot in my opinion is as reliable as most irons, and super light weight, but there are also other sighting options that don't involve batteries.