Another Demolition Ranch video...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Another Demolition Ranch video...

Post by AJMD429 »

I really like the two times he comments about "...< shhh > don't tell my wife...." :lol:

https://youtu.be/uj1cm8WUGfg

....and BTW....don't plug the barrel of a Hi-Point 45 ACP....if you plan to destroy it.... :shock:

https://youtu.be/a3V8mK5FadI . . .

....all of them survived....!

But Hi-Points are evidently pretty tough.... this one held up to 35 bullets plugging the bore...

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/03/30/h ... t-explode/
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another Demolition Ranch video...

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes they survived but did he tear them down and see if barrels bulged? I'd bet that pressures were high enough to do some damage.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm Yes they survived but did he tear them down and see if barrels bulged? I'd bet that pressures were high enough to do some damage.
Yeah, I'd not want to shoot the ones with solder or cement in them, for sure.

I always think it is interesting when people 'check' guns that had a kaboom, then decide to re-use them.....can they really check to see if the metal got stress fractures internally, or had a hardness-change...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure can Doc, manga flux will find any and all cracks! If you are not familiar, a flourscent dye is allowed to penetrate the part then rinsed off, any cracks will show under a uv light. But I'm sure this guy doesn't bother.

Buddy blew up an ar last year, split the upper in half lengthwise, scope base only thing kept it together. Lower was unscathed. He pulled the barrel, bolt head and put on a new upper. Barrel is just as accurate as before. I told him to keep an eye on the brass for signs of stretching. None so far.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!