The elderly in England need not apply....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

The elderly in England need not apply....

Post by gcs »

So my wife is on FB and a lovely English woman's daughter who is a nurse, was ORDERED to call all the patients in her practice over 80 to inform them not to bother calling the doctor, or go to the hospital if they get sick.....Probably only a matter of time till that age threshold is lowered...

So all us old guys are apparently expendable....

Hell of a way to save social security.... :cry:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The elderly in England need not apply....

Post by Nath »

First thing I said was they (the UK government) let it in .....for a reason!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The UK government will save a lot of money if they let us old fanny burbs kick the bucket..... I have just been on the phone to my doctor and was told not to come in for any routine treatment or symptoms of the virus and my prescription drugs have to be picked up at the drugstore. Half of our health care workers must be sitting on their butt waiting for Corona to hit the fan. I know they will be in the front line when it does so I wish them luck but I'm sure there is more to this story than they are telling us.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

THE VIRUS THAT IS EVERY EUTHANASIAIST's DREAM, THEY've BEEN DYING TO KILL US OFF

NORTON IS WORTHLESS TOO, WHY CAN'T THEY STOP IT, EH?
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

My daughter works at a hospital. We have to babysit our granddaughter. Get the picture ☹️
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

LOL, My buddy is watching his grandkids every day because of this, , he says he's not sure what's gonna kill him first, ..the virus, or watching the babies, :mrgreen:
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Better hope and pray that this virus does not worsen and cause the hospitals to go into TRIAGE.

TRIAGE: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

If it's true that the UK's NHS has told 80 year olds to stay home, that is a form of triage.

The NHS is not especially well funded compared to similar systems in Europe. They routinely calculate whether a given procedure is deemed worth the cost compared to remaining life span. For instance, at a certain age, you get a wheel chair instead of a hip replacement. The citizens are likely used to this. It's not an unreasonable system.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

KWK wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:39 pm If it's true that the UK's NHS has told 80 year olds to stay home, that is a form of triage.

The NHS is not especially well funded compared to similar systems in Europe. They routinely calculate whether a given procedure is deemed worth the cost compared to remaining life span. For instance, at a certain age, you get a wheel chair instead of a hip replacement. The citizens are likely used to this. It's not an unreasonable system.
You forget. They are not citizens, they are subjects. Always have been, likely always will be if push comes to shove.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

The royals may fancy them subjects, but Parliament wields all the power, so they are citizens, albeit with very limited rights to self defense.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

yes I think the worlds monarchies are just there to be on coins and stamps these days.
Last edited by mickbr on Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ray Newman wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 pm Better hope and pray that this virus does not worsen and cause the hospitals to go into TRIAGE.

TRIAGE: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors.
You must have missed the OP...

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.