Some of us can....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Some of us can....

Post by Nath »

... still get out but heck this virus is scary!

Hunting rabbits is pretty much an isolation exercise so it would be rude to not to!
First bunny was taken at 7yards with 70g of black and an ounce plus of #5 shot. It's actually quite difficult to not destroy the whole rabbit with shot and takes some figuring out to just catch the rabbits head.
IMG_20200322_184416_289.jpg
The next shot was 20yards and a similar predicament. The sun was illuminating the ear of the rabbit in the briars but it took some working out to figure out where the body was!
https://youtu.be/XVY7MNSsKEY
Amazingly Jess found two rabbits! I had shot an extra one for free!
IMG_20200322_163111355.jpg
Take care folks in these difficult times.

N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Some of us can....

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice to see you shooting rabbits, still none to be had here :roll: other than that I'm pretty lucky having 40 odd acres to shoot on right outside the door.
Stay safe Nathan and keep your powder dry.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

So you are handling this social distancing ok? :mrgreen: todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:36 am Nice to see you shooting rabbits, still none to be had here :roll: other than that I'm pretty lucky having 40 odd acres to shoot on right outside the door.
Stay safe Nathan and keep your powder dry.... :D
Thanks friend. Stay safe, please.
3leggedturtle wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:17 am So you are handling this social distancing ok? :mrgreen: todd/3leg
For now but my daughter works at hospital and we have to babysit our daughter!
I have to go to work, it's classed as essential and I ain't wealthy enough to tell them otherwise!

Stay safe, everyone.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

3leggedturtle wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:17 am So you are handling this social distancing ok? :mrgreen: todd/3leg
I love it - I've been "social distancing" for the past few decades, and didn't even know it.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like that term better than Grumpy Old Man. I am now a Social Distancer.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I need to do that kind of "isolation exercise"! :D
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

"I like that term better than Grumpy Old Man. I am now a Social Distancer."

I sent that to a friend and he said it made coffee come out his nose. When he first retired he was fairly young (62) and bored so he applied for a job at Home Depot. Told them he wasn't a people person so they hired him to fill commercial orders in the evening. No vest, no nametag. He finally had to quit because they kept wanting him to work more hours and become a supervisor. Told the manager no way he would try to supervise people who worked harder at not working than they did at their job. Last thing he said as he left was "and now you know why I don't like people". Told me yesterday he likes the social distancing and may not switch back when this is over. Funny part is he is a great friend.

But I stay off his lawn.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Larkbill wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:19 am "I like that term better than Grumpy Old Man. I am now a Social Distancer."

I sent that to a friend and he said it made coffee come out his nose. When he first retired he was fairly young (62) and bored so he applied for a job at Home Depot. Told them he wasn't a people person so they hired him to fill commercial orders in the evening. No vest, no nametag. He finally had to quit because they kept wanting him to work more hours and become a supervisor. Told the manager no way he would try to supervise people who worked harder at not working than they did at their job. Last thing he said as he left was "and now you know why I don't like people". Told me yesterday he likes the social distancing and may not switch back when this is over. Funny part is he is a great friend.

But I stay off his lawn.
That's Funny!!

I'm not a people person either. I'd rather spend time with my dogs. However, I have to deal with homeowner's on a daily basis but the cool part is, aside from a couple, all of them have been very understanding of my medical issues. We do a facetime, text, email or I do a site visit when no one is home with gloves and a respirator. I tell them someone younger and healthier will be out to do the repairs. i'm pretty amazed how cooperative people have been.
jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"