35 Krag single

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DocRock
Levergunner 2.0

35 Krag single

Post by DocRock »

Bought this rifle a couple of years ago and it hasn’t gotten out much but pulled it for the Great Corona Clean Up.

I understand it began life as a Harrington & Richardson 30-30 ejector model and was rebored and rechambered to 35 Krag by Jesse Occumpaugh (JES Rebore), who has done a couple of barrels for me and does excellent work. The stock configuration is kind of cool and the receiver is a brass/ straw color from the fading chemical case coloring H&R used. It’s a 2 + MOA rifle but likes 225 Grs Sierra soft points and loads to upper 358 Win/lower 35 Whelen.
4E8E3AC7-8757-453D-8C05-48F401686E6F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Re: 35 Krag single

Post by Dave James »

Doc that looks like a fine deer/bear thumper, dad had a 95 winchester in the same , was a great gun
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks nice. Not much experience with 35 calibers, but I like my old JM Marlin in 35 Remington caliber.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Me like 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, thanks for the bump, as I had missed this.
I hear a lot of good things about JES, and considered having a worn-out Krag rebored to the .35 after having some fun with a .35-30 in a Model 94.
DocRock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DocRock »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 pm Doc, thanks for the bump, as I had missed this.
I hear a lot of good things about JES, and considered having a worn-out Krag rebored to the .35 after having some fun with a .35-30 in a Model 94.
My experience with Jesse on two other rifles has been outstanding. And he certainly did a good job on this one. The hinge lug on this rifle has been shimmed and the lockup is not as good as it should be, which I think explains its 2 - 2.5 MOA performance.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 pm Doc, thanks for the bump, as I had missed this.
caveat emptor and all that......but you did not quite describe it as "worn out" when you were selling it.
m.A.g.a. !