Marlin Model 336 "Dark"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Marlin Model 336 "Dark"

Post by Old No7 »

Not my cup of tea...
But not as fugly as that tactical Mossberg either...

But this is my first "levergun" posting in awhile.

Info from their website:

INTRODUCING THE NEW DARK SERIES
"The speed and accuracy of Marlin lever actions blacked-out and tricked out for the modern hunter. Our new Dark Series rifles feature a stealthy-tough matte black parkerized finish and a black-webbed hardwood stock/forend, with a host of performance enhancements, including a threaded barrel, big-loop lever and XS Lever Rail with ghost ring peep that also accommodates a wide variety of optics."

( Click image to enlarge --or maybe NOT! )
Marlin 336 Dark.jpg

I think I'll stick with my Marlin Cowboys, thank you.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Marlin Model 336 "Dark"

Post by AJMD429 »

They are making 1894's like that too.

I do think for a home-defense situation that an 1894 with suppressor and way to mount a light/laser would be hard to beat. Not a gun to rub linseed oil in at the fireside, and bring back fond childhood memories of deer hunting with grandpaw, but a very practical way to protect home and family. I'd like one in 45 Colt for that purpose, although I more or less (no suppressor) have the same thing already...

One is a 45 Colt Rossi 1892 - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=31062

The other started out as a 44 Mag Marlin 1894, but I rebarreled it to 45 Colt - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=40663

Both have proven far more practical than my (really cool) suppressed 300 Blackout AR-15 pistol, because of the more powerful chambering, and their not flinging brass all over the place. They are also actually far more handy and quiet 'enough' with 'cowboy' level loads.

The sight 'module' and light are both on quick-detach mounts, so if the Levergun Historical Society makes a surprise raid, I can quickly make the guns look proper. :wink:

The last firearm I bought, sometime last year, was a Marlin 1894 CSX so with my Mystic can, I do have an even quieter option. I just have to see how long (heavy) of a bullet it will stabilize at 1050 fps or so.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Notice how many gunmakers simply repackage the same, old platform and then the gunwriters wet their panties.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Another remlin reply to a question never asked! Did you see the new 'handgun' that replaces the xp-100. Talk about UGLY!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I'll bet it could kill a deer, or any number of drooling slack-jawed zombies.

You guys are too negative.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

FWiedner wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:15 am .

I'll bet it could kill a deer, or any number of drooling slack-jawed zombies.

You guys are too negative.

:wink:
Can you mill a zombie? Aren’t they already dead? Besides bullets are a waste. A sword or machete is a much better alternative.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I held both the marlin dark series and the henrybversionn at the great American outdoor show in a Harrisburg. Both had quit a crowd. Remember today’s 20’s and 30 year olds did have John Wayne, Gene, and Lucas. They had Rambo, Steven Segal, and Bruce Willis in a tower. A buddy of mine at work who is in his 30’s is a gun guy he has dozens and f Glocks and Sigs, a dozen AR’s and a couple fiberglass stocked bolt guns. He doesn’t own anything with a wood stock. He says his buddies are the same so if I was Marlin YA MAKE WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE BUYING. Right now suppressors and tacticool are in. Again not my cup of tea with the sinister look but still a levergun.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am I held both the marlin dark series and the henrybversionn at the great American outdoor show in a Harrisburg. Both had quit a crowd. Remember today’s 20’s and 30 year olds did have John Wayne, Gene, and Lucas. They had Rambo, Steven Segal, and Bruce Willis in a tower. A buddy of mine at work who is in his 30’s is a gun guy he has dozens and f Glocks and Sigs, a dozen AR’s and a couple fiberglass stocked bolt guns. He doesn’t own anything with a wood stock. He says his buddies are the same so if I was Marlin YA MAKE WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE BUYING. Right now suppressors and tacticool are in. Again not my cup of tea with the sinister look but still a levergun.
Yep. I like both kinds of guns....

....er, make that ALL kinds of guns.... :D

My 'prettiest' guns are walnut-and-blued-steel, but some of my most 'practical' guns are of the soul-less plastic-and-nitride variety... :|

A few are kind of both.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My wife said it was so ugly it was kind of pretty.

I sent her back to bed, she's running a fever.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

The MFGs have to keep people interested in new stuff. That's why they don't make '64 Mustangs anymore as much as we wish they did. Companies that don't adapt to the marketplace fade away.

By the way, I think it's kinda cool. I'll take one in .35 Remington please.

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Not my cup of tea either, but if OldNo7 wants to buy one for me, I'd certainly accept the gift! :D