All nighter !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

All nighter !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I spent over six hours last night dealing with airlines and reservation merchants . First I dealt with Delta and switched (again) my upcoming but partially canceled trip to the Philippines that was supposed to leave Dullus this coming Monday . Now I’m going 9/14/20 and returning 10/14/20 . I was $200 to the good on that one but needed to use the $200 before 9/19/20 so I upgraded my seats on the three return flights to use up the $200 and added another $100 which wasn’t a bad deal when I figured I’d loose it all . After that I called Orbitz and dealt with flights inside the Philippines , hotel rooms in the Philippines and my hotel room for the Southern SxS . Now the wife has some air tickets to get changed or refunded from Cebu Pacific and we’ll be pretty up to date . Well as long as this stuff is far enough along that things become more normal by early September :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: All nighter !

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'm sure things will be better by fall, Six. Glad you got it sorted out -- and another Parker into the bargain.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

By September everything will be all right. Either we'll all be dead or the virus will be gone and things will be back to "normal"... :D
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Glad that the airlines are working with you.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I don't mean this to be mean-spirited... But hopefully helpful.

Call me paranoid (as I am), but I only post about short or long trips away from the house "after" I get back...

Especially when high-end shotguns are also mentioned on other postings. My nephew once posted pictures on social media when he was down in the Dominican Republic -- and guess what, his apartment got hit while he was gone... Surprise! :shock: Not a good situation...

Anyway, I'm happy for your trip, but I just had to share this advice...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old No7 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:32 pm I don't mean this to be mean-spirited... But hopefully helpful.

Call me paranoid (as I am), but I only post about short or long trips away from the house "after" I get back...

Especially when high-end shotguns are also mentioned on other postings. My nephew once posted pictures on social media when he was down in the Dominican Republic -- and guess what, his apartment got hit while he was gone... Surprise! :shock: Not a good situation...

Anyway, I'm happy for your trip, but I just had to share this advice...

Old No7
You’re right and I agree ! That’s kinda the MAIN reason I just bought another safe . And have a group of six or so folks that all drop by the house each day . They don’t all come every day but several each day . Not foolproof but better then nothing .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Surprisingly I got a full refund today from the parking garage I was going to use close to Dulles as well as a full refund for the golf cart I’d rented for the Southern . My thoughts on humanity have ever so slightly taken a turn towards positive .
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Those refunds make me think more of the companies mentioned. I'm glad you're getting your family together. Safe passage for all of you.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Two of my refunds turned out to be ticket credits with Philippine Airlines .

Sooooooo , I've been trying to get the flights replaced with what I'll need in September and October . This is turning out to be a bit hectic , but I'm keeping a positive outlook . :roll: