CTD at it again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

CTD at it again

Post by wvfarrier »

the same shenanigans they pulled in 2009 and 2012. Disgusting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: CTD at it again

Post by jdad »

Do you know of anyone that actually buys from them anymore since their 2009 bovine scat?
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I do not but someone must be as they are still in business
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

How can they call themselves Cheaper Than Dirt, and pull this kinda stuff?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It is a free market. Let them do what they want.

The worst thing is when government steps in and prohibits 'scalping' during shortages, because that is what actually spurs the production, relocation, and distribution of goods and services when there is a shortage.

CTD is jumping the gun, but that is a business decision; they figure that some people will panic-buy and are willing to spend that much, because they are too lazy to look around for better prices, and/or because they were foolish and let their own stock supply dwindle and are now freaking out.

That is a legitimate market segment, just like the people who will go out and blow big money on other things versus shopping around. In addition, they probably won't sell much at that price, so it will sit there until later, providing a last-ditch supply for someone if things got really bad.

Most of us here are better shoppers than that, and I doubt many here are 'insecure' about our own supplies, so it really doesn't affect us.

I'll not be buying any ammo at that price, but I'll buy things from CTD if the price is good; that is the way they learn and trim their prices if they want my business. If they don't, that's ok too.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

Its a free market. Don't buy it if you don't need it that bad.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I'm not justifying their pricing/time factors, but does anybody know what the price for that case was last month? What they "normally" charged for the same item pre-"shortage/panic"? I don't know current pricing mainly because know I don't buy factory ammo anymore except for a new to me gun to get some brass...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I tend to remember this kind of behavior for a very long time. :evil:
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

mikld wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 am I'm not justifying their pricing/time factors, but does anybody know what the price for that case was last month? What they "normally" charged for the same item pre-"shortage/panic"? I don't know current pricing mainly because know I don't buy factory ammo anymore except for a new to me gun to get some brass...
$179 was what my buddy paid.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:27 am It is a free market. Let them do what they want.

The worst thing is when government steps in and prohibits 'scalping' during shortages, because that is what actually spurs the production, relocation, and distribution of goods and services when there is a shortage.

CTD is jumping the gun, but that is a business decision; they figure that some people will panic-buy and are willing to spend that much, because they are too lazy to look around for better prices, and/or because they were foolish and let their own stock supply dwindle and are now freaking out.

That is a legitimate market segment, just like the people who will go out and blow big money on other things versus shopping around. In addition, they probably won't sell much at that price, so it will sit there until later, providing a last-ditch supply for someone if things got really bad.

Most of us here are better shoppers than that, and I doubt many here are 'insecure' about our own supplies, so it really doesn't affect us.

I'll not be buying any ammo at that price, but I'll buy things from CTD if the price is good; that is the way they learn and trim their prices if they want my business. If they don't, that's ok too.
Bingo. Extremely well said. I probably should have more .223 but I have enough of everything else so it doesn't matter.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I stopped using them for ANYTHING when they raised the prices of many things when Obama got elected. I remember the Magpul P-Mags were bumped from 15 bucks to 99.00. I have not visited their site since then and threw away books when they used to come. I refuse to deal with people like that.

They have the right to charge whatever they want I suppose but I have the right to not do business with people who price gouge.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 am How can they call themselves Cheaper Than Dirt, and pull this kinda stuff?
Rather expensive dirt.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

piller wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:29 pm
marlinman93 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 am How can they call themselves Cheaper Than Dirt, and pull this kinda stuff?
Rather expensive dirt.
They must be in Alaska and their "dirt" is full of gold?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/