Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Post by Old No7 »

Well, maybe not...

With all the bars or restaurants closed, and crowds not encouraged and all...

Anyway, as I'm part Irish -- and part English too -- I figured that a "Black & Tan" would be appropriate today since we didn't go out.

But I took it a step further, and made a......

BLACK AND GREEN :mrgreen:

No difference in the taste, but my wife said my lips were green when I finished!

Black and Green.jpg

By the way, my kids got me one of these "Turtles" years ago -- you can easily make a perfect Black & Tan with this tool!

Black and Tan Turtle.jpg

Enjoy!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Post by piller »

I may be a large part Irish, but due to alcoholism running in the German side of the family, my parents were teetotalers. I didn't grow up with it, and never did develop a taste for beer. I do like whiskey and schnapps. There is a fifth of good Irish whiskey on top of a cabinet that is still over half full after about 10 years. I think it was 3 years ago when I last took a shot out of it. Black and tan just does not sound good to me. No problem with others having alcohol, it just is not my thing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I had to look it up; I was always just a 'drink the durned stuff straight' guy, out of laziness.... :D

I might try making one sometime.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a friend that is a big beer drinker. Last year he went to Ireland because his wife had always wanted to go. While he was there he tried his first ever Guinness.He said it was the worst stuff he'd ever put in his mouth. He said thank God you could find Coors Light everywhere of he'd have died of thirst.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

Black and Tan remains fighting words in places. I'd not ask for one in the Republic.
Bob
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Rusty wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 pm I have a friend that is a big beer drinker. Last year he went to Ireland because his wife had always wanted to go. While he was there he tried his first ever Guinness.He said it was the worst stuff he'd ever put in his mouth. He said thank God you could find Coors Light everywhere of he'd have died of thirst.
Coors light can be described as like making love in a canoe, no wonder your friend found Guinness a little full on .... :lol:
Back when I was in my twenties Black and Tans and Brown and Milds were common drinks and barmaids knew how to serve them, nowadays you'd be lucky to find a barmaid who had even heard of them. Draft Mild is also uncommon now.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.