Wanamacher Tulsa CANCELED

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Wanamacher Tulsa CANCELED

Post by M. M. Wright »

Their web site says with deep regret. I'd already made the decision to not attend as I've had pneumonia at least 9 times and exactly the victim this CODIV 19 is looking for. I will miss visiting with my friends. All reservations for tables and passes transfer to November so come see me then.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Re: Wanamacher Tulsa CANCELED

Post by Thunder50 »

Our gun show was cancelled today too, about an hour before we were supposed to open!!
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

They cancelled the Baltimore Antique Arms Show today !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

They closed down all the schools here for the next two to six weeks! The governor has banned any events that will have over 250 people in attendance also. Wife and I stopped at the grocery store to just buy a few items and the shelves were picked clean!! It's pure pandemonium and craziness here. People acting like at any moment the government will put everyone on house arrest and they might not be able to leave home.
I recall the swine flu back in 2009, and many more people got sick, and 12,000 died in the US. They didn't go this nuts back then though.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

While I'm ambivalent on this subject... I think on one hand a little "thinning of the herd" is not necessarily a bad thing, on the other hand, being cautious is a politician's only defense for a unpopular act.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:08 pm They closed down all the schools here for the next two to six weeks! The governor has banned any events that will have over 250 people in attendance also. Wife and I stopped at the grocery store to just buy a few items and the shelves were picked clean!! It's pure pandemonium and craziness here. People acting like at any moment the government will put everyone on house arrest and they might not be able to leave home.
I recall the swine flu back in 2009, and many more people got sick, and 12,000 died in the US. They didn't go this nuts back then though.
That was because the gay black man was in office, so everything was going to be all right.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

The 2 lane state road, in front of our house is very busy during rush hour as it's a cut through between two major highways. Since the schools and West Chester University have closed,....near zilch....

President Trump did not have a choice in shutting everything down....along with the savings of lives and increased exposure, the Dems would have blamed everything that could have gone wrong on him......we will never know how much he saved us.....--6
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

The Dems will still blame him!!!

Wife is a sub. teacher, they closed our schools for the next month!!
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This is the weirdest thing I have seen in my 67 years. Lots of folks at our county shooting range yesterday, blowing through ammo. Kind of reassuring.
Stopping by Walmart not so much.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It's taken an even more restrictive step today. The CDC recommended that any events with 50 or more people should be halted. So our small collector gun shows held at the National Guard Armory have been cancelled until further notice. It's getting to the point that they may have to hold a lottery so you can draw a number to let you leave the house!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Pray for Trump that he comes through this yet another attempt to get his ratings down before the election.
It`s not the virus that`s the problem it`s what they are making it into that`s the issue, the Bar, Durum report is close to coming out that should bust some people so yet another distraction.
After 3 1/2 years of stuff from the left why would this surprise anyone.
Just my 2 cents worth but this whole thing stinks big time.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

They cancelled our show in Northern MN today too.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!