anyone know how many?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

anyone know how many?

Post by Grizz »

how many people have died from flu since the first chicomwarvirus deaths ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Hmmm?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: anyone know how many?

Post by AJMD429 »

I saw a 'headline' on a post elsewhere that said:

"CDC projects up to 30,000 deaths from virus by end of month..." :o

...then the body of the text continued...

"....from INFLUENZA." :!:

But you can bet your bippy (whatever that is) that if the coronavirus kills even a TENTH that many by end of month, we will have TDS-infected hordes clamoring for 'impeachment'.... :roll:

I've already heard the distorted 'news' that Trump was unaware that influenza ever killed anyone...
(what he ACTUALLY said was that he was surprised how high the death toll still was for an already-vaccine-preventable [I'd say 'sort of'] disease). But hey, when there is an AGENDA to pursue, why stick with the truth.... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I say we are seeing a clear case of collusion between the demos and the chicoms to terrorize, terrify, and extort the innocents.

their predictably spiteful mantra is "out of an abundance of caution"

let's see, out of "an abundance of caution" "we" have globaly imprisoned thousands upon thousands of captives, in hotels and on cruise ships, in a maneuver called 'quarentine' that has successfully broadcast the disease into the confined populations of prisoners... on vacation no less

disgusting... I recommend the liar class be given steerage on one of the homeless cruise ships, so they can study their policies more closely.....

Grrrrr
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok...doc....educate me please.......as a layman with limited knowledge I have questions......for example..cruise ships. I'm sure every cruise since cruise ships have been in existence has had a person on the roster with the regular flu during flu season and it seems 99% of the people on a particular cruise went home with no issues...or else it would have been BIG news on the aftermath of every cruise and obviously, cruise lines would not be in business.

. On this corona BS, it seems a high percentage of the passengers get sick.....same with airplanes or other areas where air is mechanically circulated. I'm thinking there's more to this virus than what they are telling us.

If it was only the US that was making a big deal out of it, I'd be with you guys...but every country is panicking...Tell me why China stated breaking ground for massive huge hospitals almost instantly? It's not as if they can't afford to lose people.

The cruise ship that was docked in Japan had SIX DEATHS from the corona virus.....when was the last time you heard six people died from the regular flu on a cruise ship?----6

The Apocalypse is upon us.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cruise-lin ... 1583516804
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Flu has killed 20K Americans including 136 children so far this season, CDC says

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-flu- ... s-children
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

As of this morning, Monday, I read that 20,000 + people have died from the flu so far this season.
Another report said this was an average flu season. 20,000 + and counting.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Sixgun, before we had a news media that was always trying to twist everything there were different facts. Anyone remember the book 1984? A look on Google showed that the 1918 Spanish flu killed 50 million people world wide and 675,000 Americans. WWI losses show that there were 63,114 deaths due to illness and 54,402 deaths due to combat.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

remember "legioneer's disease? that was a cruise ship specialty for a while, and it still is around, but no one was forcing the well to co-habit with the sick. they just disgorged the pax on the pier and the well went home and the sick went to hospital where some died.....

in open society where people aren't herded into quarantine, the infection rate appears to be much lower, and many people, according to a wa state 'expert', have the disease with few symptoms, and recover on their own... the lady said something like 80% survival of people who are otherwise healthy. the deaths seem to be occuring among people who already have health issues. the center of the deaths in wa state is, or was, a 'nursing home' where old and ill people were visited by nurses who apparently spread the virus among the inmates...

I'm not saying that there are no consequences of encountering the virus... but I still think this is a false flag event, wag the dog, intentionally perpetrated on the world to secure the rice bowls of the global swamp.... JMO. I'm looking for a good buy point at the bottom, and happy for a good discount.....
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I'm not convinced it's nothing to worry about other than taking the standard normal common sense precautions. I'm looking at this with a realistic approach........

The only "proof" any of us have is what we have been told by the news as no one except AJMD, Piller, Old Savage and Hfcable really have the expertise to think for themselves on health issues. I'm sure there's more here but I'm not aware of their qualifications.

My character and nature is to look at the "worst possible scenario" and for the most part, have always been skeptical of what others have told me, always preferring scientific and proven written truth. The NEWS on either side is nothing more than propaganda and as far as I'm concerned only tell the truth when they think they will get caught at telling a lie and even then they tell the lie so many times you start to believe it as gospel.

Underlying conditions? I'm quite 100% positive that EVERY cruise ship in the last 40 years has taken on at least one sick passenger who is elderly and with "underlying conditions" and if only ONE person died on every cruise, there would be NO cruise line businesses operating anywhere in the world. But 6 dead people on one cruise?

Yea Grizz...I remember the Legionnaires disease when it broke news in Philly......airborne......

Dunno, I'm staying away from people.......well.....been doing that anyway. :D ----6
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think we will know LOTS more shortly - as more people get tested, which will happen rapidly this week, we will know how many HAVE it, so that gets a better 'denominator' for our deaths/cases ratio. Even then, how many people have it and won't even be sick enough to be tested...?

There are enough symptomatic/diagnosed cases now to start finding out better answers, so we will know shortly.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

They just announced that the entire school system in our area has been shut down....

I'm 65 and have seen dozens of regular flu epidemics over the years with some of them resulting in the hospitalizion of thousands of people with many elderly or sick people dying and can never remember a time when the schools were shut down.

Are they taking precautions or is there something they are not telling us.....I believe it's the latter. ....could be and hopefully I'm wrong.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Coronavirus is related to the common cold. Washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, and NOT LICKING YOUR FINGERS will all help avoid it. DID YOU HEAR ME BLOOMBERG? People who sneeze or cough without covering it and using sanitizer are likely to spread germs. Hopefully the CDC will have more information soon.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

A fellow writing in today's Wall Street Journal looked at the infection rate for the swine flu, which was a number of years back and for which no special actions were taken. To this he applied the lowest death rate observed among the countries currently suffering from this virus, which is in S. Korea. From this he estimated the US could have upwards of 400,000 deaths from the coronavirus. I imagine his estimates are on the high side, but this is nothing to sneeze at, so to speak.

It would be mostly the elderly, those over 70, doing the dying. As one fellow mentioned to me this weekend, this would help the budget for Social Security.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

There was a pinko commie goomer on one of the morning news shows on the telly who was ecstatic at the whole pandemic.....

his points were, even if it does not get as bad as expected, the elderly vote can be suppressed in nov. with scare tactics to ensure a biden victory......

if it does get really ugly, then the geriatric death toll will change our demographics in favor of dems. forever.....

this is quite disturbing in that someone could be so callously politically minded and that it could actually occur that way.....
m.A.g.a. !
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

ABC News just broadcast news that IF I was a young man with family that depended on me to go to work to provide for them would have me shaking in my feet........

In the confined zone in Italy people are saying they can't get food.

It's only beginning.

The Rapture is upon us.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

My wife was after me Sunday to take a Vitamin C supplement to help my immunities . So I went to the drug store Monday and got some 1000 mg stuff , while there I was talking with the pharmacist . He proceeded to tell don’t travel ANYWHERE and a couple other things . Then he said he saw a projection that when this thing had gone the course there would be 850 MILLION dead :roll: I told him thank you picked up my supplement and told him I hoped the weather was good on the 23rd when I board the plane in Dulles :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

From what I've had time to read (and I work 80-85 hour weeks lately), PERHAPS the two things that might help defend against the coronavirus are medicinal licorice, and medicinal elderberry (not 'wine' or 'gummies').

Also what others have said -- just don't over-socialize, and DO sanitize.

Humans are like forests - every once in awhile, a plague of beetles, fungus, or tornados comes along and weeds out the least healthy.

Be healthy.....don't smoke, cut the carbs/sugars/transfats/processed foods, and lose weight if you are fat.

AND........be 'antisocial'........it's fun..... :wink:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

KWK wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:21 pmIt would be mostly the elderly, those over 70, doing the dying. As one fellow mentioned to me this weekend, this would help the budget for Social Security.
THIS is the mantra of the left..... :|

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ray wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:46 am There was a pinko commie goomer on one of the morning news shows on the telly who was ecstatic at the whole pandemic.....

his points were, even if it does not get as bad as expected, the elderly vote can be suppressed in nov. with scare tactics to ensure a biden victory......

if it does get really ugly, then the geriatric death toll will change our demographics in favor of dems. forever.....

this is quite disturbing in that someone could be so callously politically minded and that it could actually occur that way.....
Yep - another 'progresssssssssssssssssssssssssssive' mantra..... :roll:

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Look I understand this thing can be bad . But I also believe , if it’s my time to die it doesn’t matter if I’m in a hermetically sealed room or on an airplane to the South Pacific either way it’s gonna happen .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

6pt-sika wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:56 pm Look I understand this thing can be bad . But I also believe , if it’s my time to die it doesn’t matter if I’m in a hermetically sealed room or on an airplane to the South Pacific either way it’s gonna happen .
6 Point,
I usually agree with you but not on this on...I've always believed we make our own luck or fate......---6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't see this as being all that the Spews Media claims it to be. I have been feeling bad since Friday night from my usual every couple of months aspiration happening. I have had the worst GERD that you can imagine for my entire life. I cannot sleep on my back as I suck some of the stomach acid that splashes up regularly into my lungs, and if I am on my back it can be enough to stop my breathing for 2 or 3 minutes. After an episode, I have to sleep sitting straight up for a week or more to cough up the stomach contents out of my lungs. Missing even one day of my prilosec will set off a round of puking and coughing that may last a week. This is totally normal for me. To hear me coughing today, you would think I am sick. The Spews Media knows that telling a big lie loudly and constantly will make people believe it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...The Spews Media knows that telling a big lie loudly and constantly will make people believe it..."

Yep...

KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:12 pm
KWK wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:21 pmIt would be mostly the elderly, those over 70, doing the dying. As one fellow mentioned to me this weekend, this would help the budget for Social Security.
THIS is the mantra of the left..... :|
Actually, he's just being factual. He's right wing, a retired marine. I thought his comment was kind of funny, given he was responding to a mutual friend who's over 80 (and in excellent health).